Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 03:40 PM   #1

Towing mirrors?

Need to install some towing mirrors on my 2010 GMC Sierra, dont like not being able to see the rear of my TT. Have considered buying some of the clip on to the existing mirror. If that is not suggested, I would fine with replacing the existing mirrors. Any suggestions either way or suggestions on ones you have experience with? They do not have to be heated or have the signal in them.

Thanks.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:57 PM   #2

I have a set of Longview for my RAM 1500 similar to these:

https://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Towi...id=20104027750

They are easy to put on and take off and are extremely stable - no vibrations. Look at the details of the above as it does appear there may be some restrictions depending on what your stock mirrors are like.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #3

I also have a set of Longview mirrors. I had purchased another brand that was held on with straps and the vibration was too distracting. The Longview mirrors it securing against your mirrors and the vibration is nil. You can put in your model number; I called Longview and they actually suggested a better model for me.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:17 PM   #4

Lots of choices on Amazon. Here is a link to a pair that will replace your OEM mirrors, they telescope out for towing, don't have to mess with slide on mirrors, these are $89, lots of other selections for your truck.

https://www.amazon.com/Mirror-2007-2...ra+tow+mirrors
Old 12-04-2017, 04:18 PM   #5

I have the Dometic Milenco mirrors that I like as they are very secure and do not vibrate., Easy on and off.
Dometic Milenco Aero mirrors
Old 12-04-2017, 05:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
Need to install some towing mirrors on my 2010 GMC Sierra, dont like not being able to see the rear of my TT. Have considered buying some of the clip on to the existing mirror. If that is not suggested, I would fine with replacing the existing mirrors. Any suggestions either way or suggestions on ones you have experience with? They do not have to be heated or have the signal in them.
Good plan, because most states *require* mirrors that extend wide enough for vision behind your trailer!

I've been very happy with the Cipa slide-on mirrors I got for my 2010 F150. They've been very stable and the price can't be beat. I went to cipausa.com to nail down the correct part number, and then bought online them through WalMart with in-store pickup.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
Old 12-04-2017, 05:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf View Post

Thanks.
I recently went through this with my 2011 2500HD. What I learned is that there is A LOT more to replacing factory mirrors than one would think. In the end, I ordered a set of Trail Ridge from 1aauto.com. They are very much feature specific unless you want to have your CM reprogrammed. The link below is the set I went with and I can vouch for the Trail Ridge brand. I couldn't be more pleased with my set. HTH!

https://www.1aauto.com/mirror-pair-t...3/i/1amrp01811

shop

2017 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 6.6 Duramax/Allison Transmission

Old 12-04-2017, 05:47 PM   #8

I also have a 2010 Sierra and went the Amazon OEM-style towing mirror route. Cost was a hundred and something. Maintained heat and power functions and was even able to add turn signals as the truck was already wired for it. All connections are plug and play. Took little more than an hour to install both. 2+ years later and no regrets.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:55 PM   #9

Go through gmpartsdirect.com and order the OEM towing mirrors that were an option that year.

They are so much better than knockoffs

Craig Bailey
New Hampshire
Jayflight 32 BHDS
Chevy 2500HD CC
2007 Chevy 2500HD Crew 4x4 Z71
Old 12-04-2017, 06:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbailey View Post
Go through gmpartsdirect.com and order the OEM towing mirrors that were an option that year.

They are so much better than knockoffs
Its not worth $500-600 for a pair of OEM mirrors, lots of great aftermarket mirrors out there.

Closed Thread