Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2016, 02:56 PM   #61

What Gone campin said. Get the directions from the website. The main thing is to make sure you have plenty of room to work. The truck and trailer need to be perfectly aligned to get it right. The first thing you should do is make sure your ball mount is set up correctly. It all feeds from that. If the dealer didn't get that right the rest will be off as well.

The dealer shouldn't have been surprised when you handed them the bulletin. The need for the screw is in the Reese installation instructions right after the set-up page. It specifically mentions that Jayco trailers with the under frame mounted coupler need the screw.

When you pull up the instructions you'll see what I mean.

TJpolsin - I just went back on with the regular Reese brackets.
bwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:06 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruckerbob View Post
I have been towing a TT as well as car trailer and stock trailer since 1972 and have never had to remove or loosen my sway control. In 44 years I have back in many tight spots on site side as well as blind side. If your hitch is set up right, why remove it.
I never used one before our Aerolite TT and that is what the salesman said to do. I started towing when I first got my license, mainly a speed boat/ trailer, my parents at the time had a large 5th wheel, I towed the boat dad towed the 5th wheel neither needed sway controls. I should have got on forums sooner it may have saved many heartaches.
Knottybird is offline   Reply With Quote