Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-21-2016, 01:39 PM   #21

We have camped several times in upstate NY in our 28BHBE, it did fine without the thermal package down to -2C, but we didn't use any water.

Bunks stay very warm, bedroom less so but still comfortable, switching to a digital thermostat helps ALOT.I suggest the thermal package, good deal for the price.
motorbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:52 PM   #22

At 6'3" a main requirement of mine was the walk around bed. I anticipated my feet hanging off the end, as they do, but it's really not an issue for me as I don't sleep fully 'extended'.

I also have the thermal package. Up near Dillon reservoir last night the temps dropped down to the high 30's. (chilly for August ?? ) The furnace kicked on 2 times, I had it set at 65 degrees.

Our dealer told us (I don't believe much of what he said) that the thermal package is basically useless and our TT is at best, at 3 season unit with, or without it, and that I do believe to be true. In my book the thermal package is a nice to have, not a must have option. If / when I take my camper out this winter, it will be dry, but I will be using the furnace and that extra insulation cannot be a bad thing. I am glad I have it considering the kind of camping I do. I do not know how much propane I will save by having that extra insulation, but I fully expect that it will pay for itself. The AC unit cycles a bit less as well.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote