Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2016, 11:31 AM   #1

Trail Trailer TV Mounts

I ordered my new trailer without a TV. The dealer said if I brought in a mount, he would install it for me, when I came to put it up.

Now I have to figure out what to get... the 28RBDS has the swivel mirror / TV .
Any advise what mount to buy?
smg0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:48 PM   #2

Can anyone help me answer this question?
Old 04-26-2016, 02:59 PM   #3

The choice is ultimately yours. I didn't buy the mount from Jayco because I wanted a swivel style mount. I was concerned that I would not be able to see the tv clearly from the couch.

I bought a generic swivel mount for my size tv, then I used some nylon webbing to create straps to hold the tv tight to the wall when I am driving. For me, it was worth the financial savings because I knew I wanted to make straps anyways.

For others, they just buy an RV specific mount that is designed for the stress of bouncing down the road and they don't modify the product at all.

If you search for RV television mounts, you will find many items are available. Buy the one the fits your needs, tv size, budget, etc.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:18 PM   #4

I can't make a suggestion what to get, just where to get it. Try Mono Price. They have mounts for every conceivable need at good prices and they are great quality. Search on both TV mounts, and monitor mounts.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
The choice is ultimately yours. I didn't buy the mount from Jayco because I wanted a swivel style mount. I was concerned that I would not be able to see the tv clearly from the couch.

I bought a generic swivel mount for my size tv, then I used some nylon webbing to create straps to hold the tv tight to the wall when I am driving. For me, it was worth the financial savings because I knew I wanted to make straps anyways.

For others, they just buy an RV specific mount that is designed for the stress of bouncing down the road and they don't modify the product at all.

If you search for RV television mounts, you will find many items are available. Buy the one the fits your needs, tv size, budget, etc.

X2

Look on Amazon. Large selection at reasonable prices.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:45 AM   #6

I picked up a nice swivel wall mount at Bj's for about $40. It will hold up to a 37" TV.
(I mounted a 26") Like you, I brought it to the dealer and they installed it (bedroom) for no charge. It's on an outside wall so I was too nervous to install it myself.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:32 AM   #7

I'm in the same boat but would like to mount to an exterior wall myself so what fasteners have folks used successfully?
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:59 PM   #8

What about posting swivel mounts on the Center Entertainment center, that also spins between the living room and bedroom.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:30 PM   #9

I just bought these and am going to try and figure out how to install it tomorrow. This isn't an RV specific mount, as you can tell by the price, but that's the reason for the quick release. I plan to remove it while traveling. I have the standard "mount here" stickers, but I don't know if I want to attach this tv mount to a small piece of plywood first or just use the two screw holes on the mount.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WYVBR0..._elyixbKCQ7G7M

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000W0ETD2..._6kyixbVQYV9C9
gocarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:52 AM   #10

I don't think 'RV specific' mounts are necessary. I like the idea of a quick release to take the TV down when traveling. All the bouncing could rip that sucker right off the wall. When mounting on an exterior wall, Jayco marks where the stud is, but I'm not sure how accurate the sticker is. I would use a stud finder for sure and of course you need to be careful on the length of the screws that you use. My TV in the entertainment center came mounted, but as mentioned I had the dealer install the bedroom mount.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:04 AM   #11

I'd like to get an articulating TV mount for my trailer but I also would like it to lock into its recessed position for travel. I think my old trailer had a mound like that if I recall correctly.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:23 PM   #12

Installed it this evening. Seems to be pretty solid. I do plan on removing the TV while traveling which is why I also used a quick release mount. If others use the same setup, make sure you leave enough room at the top to slide the TV over the quick release setup. I got really lucky and can just barely slip the TV on and off the mount. Phew!!!

For reference, this is a 28" TV
gocarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:46 AM   #13

Looking good!
Old 04-29-2016, 06:11 AM   #14

Great job!
Old 04-29-2016, 09:59 AM   #15

What about putting one of those swivel mounts, in the center entertainment cabinet, that spins between the living room and bed room. Anyone have one of those?