Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-04-2016, 06:33 PM   #1

Trailer frame flex

Hey all! I have a hill behind where I park my camper,28BHBE, that I have to back up at an angle in order to get around a utility pole and get into the street. I have to do this each time I leave to camp. I am concerned that it this is causing the frame to flex and causing damage to the trailer. My cabinet doors over my love seat,which is in the slide, have separated at the corners. No other trim around the slide is damaged just the doors. Also my shower flloor is loose on one corner. Not leaking just really sinks when I step there. Must be a support out of place and not sure if that is caused by flexing up this hill or just a warranty issue.
I would think that the trailer could take the maneuvering but I could be wrong. What do you all think? TIA
Slick87SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:47 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Trailer frames are designed to take the flex and it is a mandatory to have flex. If they would make things to stiff, something have to give (break). The same is for the suspension, if the would make to ridged thing would break.
When the doors did separated it is caused by something else. You have to look for another cause for this separation.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:57 PM   #3

You might run some lines of tape diagonally from one bottom corner to a few feet up the opposite corner in your shower before backing up that hill and see if any comes loose or tears. If so, that'd be a good indicator of when it's flexing. Just an idea.

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Dually, 6.7 Cummins, 3.73
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH, Cummins/Onan Gen
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:32 PM   #4

NOT the trailer frame flex causing any of that. Just coincidence. On the cabinets, pretty easy repair, but something caused by a brain fart in craftsmanship (common), on the shower, I went and added additional supports to the unsecured thin plywood and 2x4 pieces under the shower base. Not uncommon either to see what you've mentioned, and a LOT more.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:08 AM   #5

Thanks for the info. Puts to rest some of my worries. I will definitely be trying the tape trick. I am still well under warranty for these issues so I am confident they will be taken care of. Thanks
Slick87SS is offline   Reply With Quote