Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #41
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou1216gc View Post
would I need a scissor jack in front and back of each side with x chocks or just one additional scissor jack on each side in front of tire?
You would only need a jack on each side, ahead of the front tire bolted/welded to the frame. In my case I have entry steps just ahead of the front tire and when someone uses the steps it causes rocking. So jacks in the center really help with this problem. Currently I am just using a set of aluminum stack jacks. They do the same thing, just not quite as convenient as crank down stabilizers.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:19 PM   #42

Never had had any trailer movement, but have never used anything but X-chocks on both wheels from day one!
Jaycojenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:31 AM   #43

I didn't think the X-Chocks would completely address the trailer movement, movement by my definition becaused by the wheels moving/rolling. In my original post, I may not have been clear, but the movement I was refering to was the up/down bounce when being walked it. I don't think anything short of a jack to get the weight off of the axle springs on both sides is going to address that part. I still like the X-Chocks mainly because of the way they lock up the wheels and prevent any rolling. It's still very possible for standard wheel chocks to shift. JMHO
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #44

Hmmm...

Here what I got... Homebrew chocks...

Wheel movement is nonexistant but in the front bedroom area I can still sway the coach left ot right. I'm thinking because the jacks in front are extended out too far to stabilize it good...

Attached Thumbnails
DSCF4193.jpg   DSCF4198.jpg  
Mopar1973Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #45

Smile Stablizer attempts

I have tried all possible suggestions on our 32ft Eagle. Not satified with results, still too much motion. We spend six month out of the year in the camper. This past week I installed the Steady fast system and I hope my problem is solved.
Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by markndeb View Post
I also use the "between the wheel" chocks I got from this guy....price is right and very easy to put in.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...OU%3AUS%3A1123
That site is closed but it sounds interesting. Can you give us another place to look or an email address maybe. We just got home from picking up our 32 footer and are going to need more stability. I didn't use my screw type stands on this trip (CW Catalog Item # 14033) but liked them on our previous TT But they'll be inconvenient as center stabilizers.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #47

The movement most people feel is the trailer moving on the springs. You need more stabilizers than just the front and rear.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote