Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #21

I had my teenage son video tape the PDI. Then when the salesman was done I checked out all the features myself. Anything I had questions of I checked the video.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc616 View Post
I had my teenage son video tape the PDI. Then when the salesman was done I checked out all the features myself. Anything I had questions of I checked the video.
lol , I had the DW video tape it... she did a great job. A couple things were missed during our walk around but that was because we got side tracked a few times. Most of the questions I had ,I figured out or called the dealership. So far so good.

I keep the trailer parked at my work, and last night the family and I did a overnight dry run in the new tt and it turned out well. Next weekend is the maiden voyage.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #23

Most or all campers will ship winterized so the PDI tech has to hookup water to flush all of the antifreeze out of it. They should be checking for leaks at this time. The tech will also install the battery, fill the propane tanks and check the operation of everything before you even get to your camper on the day you pick it up. Depending on the size, type and options of your camper there is a lot to take in so take good notes and read your manuals. Make sure know how to disconnect and connect your camper from your tow vehicle more so if you have a weight distribution hitch. Hopefully your dealer has a good parts department that will help answer questions to. Don't think that everyone that works at a camper dealer owns a camper and actually camps to know what works and what doesn't. Big box places like camping world may have better prices but if you can find someone at a camper dealer that owns a camper or has owned more than one (popup, travel trailer) and had actual experience you will be better off to pay a little more.
sgscomps is offline   Reply With Quote