Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2022, 07:12 PM   #1

Trailer siding

Hi everyone,

I have a Jayflight slx 212qb and it is hit by storm and there are some dents on its sidings. I wanted to know where to order the siding parts in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and what is its cost like?

Thanks for your help in advance,
M
Mehdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 07:35 PM   #2

Your best bet will be to talk to a local dealer. The shipping will be very expensive but here are a couple places to check.

https://www.jaycorvparts.com/ https://bontragers.com/rv-supplies-accessories/
Old 09-18-2022, 10:04 PM   #3

Our 212QBW got hit by a freak hail storm and the front sustained quite a few small dents. Insurance paid off on it but I elected not to replace the dented panels. It was only cosmetic damage and not terribly noticeable and we plan to keep the TT for the long haul. It wasn’t worth having future leaks from not replacing them perfectly. But that’s just me. Your Jayco dealer should have a line on replacement parts.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 08:15 AM   #4

Crossbar Dent Repair Kit
https://www.harborfreight.com/crossb...kit-66957.html
ggilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 08:22 AM   #5

They are sided a bit differently than a SB home. This video will give you some insights. If you do the work yourself, please post images and updates.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 08:36 AM   #6

Unless the damage is substantial and pierced the skin I would be a X2 on take the money.
Yes, your RV will be worth less when sold, but , if you plan to keep it for a few years the reduction in value will be much less than the money. I got about 6,000$ and did not repair it. 4 years later the value with or without the original damage is almost zero. During those years a got several rock nicks, a kid threw a baseball and made a dent and some misc. scratches that all blend together as normal wear and tear.

Note. Your insurance will probably remember this and want to reduce any payout if you are in a total or have damage to that area in the future. But you have the money now.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 08:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Your best bet will be to talk to a local dealer. The shipping will be very expensive but here are a couple places to check.
20 ft sections are the longest I could buy through my dealer. They came direct to me from Jayco. Shipping costs were far more than the siding cost. Comes on a semi in a 22 ft crate made out of 2X4's and plywood. Get some help unloading the truck. 4 guys can do it. A forklift really isn't any help at all.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggilbert View Post
That was my thought, too, although I haven’t done it. I noticed on the HF kit you link to it says not for aluminum panels however.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
Old 09-19-2022, 02:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
That was my thought, too, although I haven’t done it. I noticed on the HF kit you link to it says not for aluminum panels however.
one of the Q&A on this one said it works on aluminum. the aluminum is painted is i would think the HF kit probably would work too. Also they may want to call one of the paintless dent removal shops if they want a pro job on it.

https://www.amazon.com/Manelord-Repa...s%2C67&sr=8-15
ggilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 02:57 PM   #10

One of the reasons I didn't attempt repair was there were over 80 dents I counted in the front and one side. But none were deep enough to hole the metal or crack it and the majority could only be seen by looking along the side in certain light. State Farm paid on that one less the deductible but refused to pay for siding or my house AC. Took a long (months) time to get a second adjuster to come out and agree and they even said the AC dents that cracked the AC condenser pipes was due to poor maintenance. (Which is why I have Allstate for the house and progressive for the RV.)
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
One of the reasons I didn't attempt repair was there were over 80 dents I counted in the front and one side. But none were deep enough to hole the metal or crack it and the majority could only be seen by looking along the side in certain light. State Farm paid on that one less the deductible but refused to pay for siding or my house AC. Took a long (months) time to get a second adjuster to come out and agree and they even said the AC dents that cracked the AC condenser pipes was due to poor maintenance. (Which is why I have Allstate for the house and progressive for the RV.)
Ouch! If I looked really close, I probably counted 30-40 but less than a dozen were really noticeable. I, too, have Progressive for the RV and was very pleased. Had to do a little haggling with the adjuster but I was satisfied in the end and still insure with Progressive.
Old 09-28-2022, 12:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggilbert View Post
If you are going to repair it yourself you would be better off with a PDR Mini Puller. You can buy a kit on line. Google is your friend. Be prepared to spend a lot of time if you don't have the experience. Aluminum pulls harder than sheet metal. Get a quote from a PDR shop it would be quicker and probably not as expensive as you think.
Jack N Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 01:24 PM   #13

We had a couple small, 1", cracks in the fiberglass from 2.5" hail plus broken marker lenses, skylight, door window, and a bit more. Fixed the cracks with epoxy, updated the other parts with what I had always coveted anyway, and kept the money and great little trailer we had customized and loved. And the Tahoe has a bunch of remarkable dents. I never worry about it being stolen and a few years later still have a story to tell. If it's just cosmetics, I'd leave it.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote