Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Which line of Jayco Travel Trailer do you own?
Eagle 420 8.75%
Eagle Super Lite/HT 171 3.56%
Hummingbird 71 1.48%
Jayflight AND Jayflight G2 1,493 31.09%
All Jayflight Swift AND SLX models 1,005 20.93%
Jayfeather travel trailer 579 12.06%
Jayfeather hybrid travel trailer (including Jayfeather SLX) 270 5.62%
Whitehawk 680 14.16%
All Starcraft models! 54 1.12%
Toy Hauler TT 59 1.23%
Voters: 4802. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2022, 11:42 PM   #701

Someday I will post up pictures of the mods we did on our Jayco. In the back there is a full-size bed. First thing was we replaced the mattress with a new one. Second, I removed the bunk bed above it to make more room. Then, after some discussion, we pulled out that huge cabinet they put in the bedroom, too. You can hit your head on that thing easy.

Then...I installed a shelf on the bedroom wall, the wall toward the front of the trailer, and mounted a TV/DVD combo on the wall, plus a small shelf with a lip on the front. I hung speakers on the wall, just small powered computer speakers, and hooked them into the TV. When you do this, they will connect to the TV through the headphone jack. So...when you turn up the speakers, you can then control volume through your TV remote. Works great. Lay in bed, watch whatever.

I installed a 750 watt inverter into the front storage compartment, the one behind your hitch, and then ran a power line from it to the dining table area where the cable outlet is. And another power line to the bedroom. By doing this, you can run some limited AC power to your bedroom for the TV, and another one to the dining area for a TV there as well. Now you can have TV in both locations without running a generator. (We have a four battery system installed in the storage area up front, totaling 400 amp hours.)

Then I installed a solar panel, just a modest 50-watt panel with a controller, and ran the power down to the battery system. This cuts down significantly how much we have to run our portable generator. 400 amp hours will carry two TVs, your lights, spark and fan for the furnace, water pump, etc all night and beyond easily. Then in the morning, you just fire up the generator to run the microwave, hot water, etc and charge up the batteries at the same time.

We mostly do not camp in RV parks. We are 90 percent on the boondocking thing, so I tried to set us up for that. And even though the trailer is only 17 feet, it still has virtually everything some of the larger trailers carry. It was a 30th anniversary version by Jayco and they did a nice job on it I must admit. Plus the last owners remodeled nearly the whole thing, replacing the electrical system, the hot water tank, flooring, entire bath, a bunch of stuff. But they sold cheap when the storage place they used doubled the rate on them. I think the wife wanted the husband to sell.

Last week we took it to a place called Eagle's Nest Vista in Washington state's Ahtanum State Forest. Six thousand feet up near Darland Mountain. Couldn't go further because there was snow ahead.

We are totally crazy sometimes. I swear.
Old 06-13-2022, 12:36 PM   #702

Scifiguy, that is awesome. I like the mods that make it easier to use. I just changed out the wfco converter/distribution panel for a progressive dynamics to support lithium charging. Got rid of the lead acid battery on the tongue and installed a 200ah under the dinette bench seat. Added a 12v USB charger to charge the phones when we don't have shore power. Want to change the shower head out to something with an on/off button (surprised jayco didn't install one with on/off). Was looking at the oxygenics spa. Seems to have good reviews. Would love to add a solar panel in the future and be able to do some boondocking.
Dawdaw808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:04 PM   #703

2020 Jayco SLX7 195RB

I love my little 195RB, it's so nice to pull into a park and be setup in no time, and we have all the conveniences
of home.
Dougly31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 10:25 AM   #704

New to us 284 bhs jay flight slx.
Madanna67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 07:51 PM   #705

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoXSciFiGuy View Post
Someday I will post up pictures of the mods we did on our Jayco. In the back there is a full-size bed. First thing was we replaced the mattress with a new one. Second, I removed the bunk bed above it to make more room. Then, after some discussion, we pulled out that huge cabinet they put in the bedroom, too. You can hit your head on that thing easy.

Then...I installed a shelf on the bedroom wall, the wall toward the front of the trailer, and mounted a TV/DVD combo on the wall, plus a small shelf with a lip on the front. I hung speakers on the wall, just small powered computer speakers, and hooked them into the TV. When you do this, they will connect to the TV through the headphone jack. So...when you turn up the speakers, you can then control volume through your TV remote. Works great. Lay in bed, watch whatever.

I installed a 750 watt inverter into the front storage compartment, the one behind your hitch, and then ran a power line from it to the dining table area where the cable outlet is. And another power line to the bedroom. By doing this, you can run some limited AC power to your bedroom for the TV, and another one to the dining area for a TV there as well. Now you can have TV in both locations without running a generator. (We have a four battery system installed in the storage area up front, totaling 400 amp hours.)

Then I installed a solar panel, just a modest 50-watt panel with a controller, and ran the power down to the battery system. This cuts down significantly how much we have to run our portable generator. 400 amp hours will carry two TVs, your lights, spark and fan for the furnace, water pump, etc all night and beyond easily. Then in the morning, you just fire up the generator to run the microwave, hot water, etc and charge up the batteries at the same time.

We mostly do not camp in RV parks. We are 90 percent on the boondocking thing, so I tried to set us up for that. And even though the trailer is only 17 feet, it still has virtually everything some of the larger trailers carry. It was a 30th anniversary version by Jayco and they did a nice job on it I must admit. Plus the last owners remodeled nearly the whole thing, replacing the electrical system, the hot water tank, flooring, entire bath, a bunch of stuff. But they sold cheap when the storage place they used doubled the rate on them. I think the wife wanted the husband to sell.

Last week we took it to a place called Eagle's Nest Vista in Washington state's Ahtanum State Forest. Six thousand feet up near Darland Mountain. Couldn't go further because there was snow ahead.

We are totally crazy sometimes. I swear.
I camp off grid all the time. With my 300ah lithium battery, a power inverter, and my solar panels I don’t need a generator. Now I just need to figure out how to hard wire my inverter to my trailer so I don’t have to run my trailers power cord to the inverter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdaw808 View Post
Scifiguy, that is awesome. I like the mods that make it easier to use. I just changed out the wfco converter/distribution panel for a progressive dynamics to support lithium charging. Got rid of the lead acid battery on the tongue and installed a 200ah under the dinette bench seat. Added a 12v USB charger to charge the phones when we don't have shore power. Want to change the shower head out to something with an on/off button (surprised jayco didn't install one with on/off). Was looking at the oxygenics spa. Seems to have good reviews. Would love to add a solar panel in the future and be able to do some boondocking.
What brand of lithium batteries did you install? My Jayco came with a shower head that can be turned off. I wouldn’t mind a nicer shower head, but I want to swap out the bathroom sink faucet first. I don’t believe that they can’t put a faucet in these trailers that barely go over the edge of the sink. When ever I wash my hands in there I get water all over the vanity top. I had that trouble with my 1978 Prowler and I’m suprised that kink of faucet is still being used.
Weimaraner Duke
MichaelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:01 AM   #706

We have a new to us 2011 Jayco Eagle 322FKS.
Roboink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 02:51 PM   #707

We own a242bhs. And love it.
KennO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 11:52 AM   #708

We just picked up our new 2022 183RB Baja and are in the process of figuring out where everything will go. Our previous unit was a 2017 145RB Baja that we had lot of great trips in.
FISTEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 09:16 AM   #709

White Hawk 27RB owner now for 12 months. Getting acclimated. New to “Tin Tepees”.
White Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:50 AM   #710

Travel trailer poll

2021 Jayco Eagle 330 RSTS have owned it since Feb 21.
Kmeilleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 09:41 PM   #711

We are on our 3rd JayFeather. Had a 2006 26L Hybrid and then a 2010 29L. Just got our 2022 25RB last October (2022) and it went right to sleep for the winter. Can't wait for warm weather to return so we can get out there and break her in.

JaycoLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 11:45 PM   #712
Toe

We just purchased our first RV! 2022 224BHW
very excited to surf the forum and find out what others have done to modify their TT.
Toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 07:00 PM   #713

2015 White Hawk 24RKS. Starting our 7th year and it's still the one we love.
Ol'Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 08:38 AM   #714

2010 Eagle 25.6
Love this trailer sadly still sleeping at this minute. Pull its blanket off in two months
Attached Thumbnails
20200921_120152.jpg  
annie oakly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 02:45 PM   #715

2021 Jayco White Hawk 32RL and loving it!!!
WindowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 08:49 PM   #716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
[/

Which line of Jayco travel trailer do you own? New members please be sure and vote as well. This poll includes Toyhaulers and Hybrids and now Starcraft. Get busy voting!

Also as always, comments and replies about your rig are welcome!
I own a Jayco White Hawk 2022! New to me and it's awesome!

Adam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 09:15 PM   #717

Hi…Mike here.Have been trying to decide between a few different jayflight212qb’s.
A 2018 that has about 16,000 miles on it and a few 2020’s.One of the 20’s has been used as a seasonal for a few years. The other is on its second owner who has just a few short trips on it after 1st owner just had it sitting in driveway during Covid.
Then I got sidetracked looking at the Jayfeather x-213 with the slide out king bed on one end. I liked the layout with the coach across from dinette and then the forward bunks would be good for the occasional grandkid sleepover . I joined their owners group and as I was scrolling thru I saw one than one horror story about water intrusion around slide and rebuilding bowed walls,etc. Also a few complaints about the slide mechanism having problems as well as misaligned box ,etc. Anyway now I think I’m back to the 212’s
Going to go look at one next week I think…any thoughts appreciated,Thanks,Mike
mkel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 12:44 PM   #718

Micro 166FBS

Getting ready to make my maiden voyage. I think I am supplied up... any suggestions?
Tdjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 04:24 PM   #719

2024 Jayflight 212QB
Took the wife and a couple of the grandkids out with it last week for its maiden voyage and am going with the wife for some quiet down time this week
THazeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 12:07 PM   #720

Travel Trailer Poll

2015 Jayco Whitehawk Ultra Lite Summit Edition

Bought virtually new in 2015. Someone had bought it brand new, kept it for 10 days then traded for a motorhome. We've had good use out of it over 8 years. Generally held up well.

My biggest complaint is the vinyl upholstery dried out after 5 years and flaked off like it had skin cancer. I'm told all manufacturers use the same material. Rubbish stuff.

We were never happy with the shower door. It fell apart after a few years and we replaced it with a much superior retractable plastic screen. Very cool that. Wipes off moisture as it retracts and makes the bathroom bigger by not closing off the shower area when not in use.
StevePowerTX is offline   Reply With Quote