Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2015, 08:27 PM   #21

Why do you need to remove a friction sway device when backing? Is it sufficient to simply loosen the friction handle a few turns?
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:43 PM   #22

We picked our 19rd up on 6-9 and was on here posting that something was wrong and i was taking it back due to all the noise it was making, what a noob I was. Now after a couple trips and white lithium grease on hitch ball and where my bars go in the noise is not as bad. The axles stil load up and pop so I was looking at this dexter suspension kit and was wondering if anyone has ever tried it. .You will have to copy and paste it will not post as a link and I started another thread on the subject just has not posted yet.Dexter Axle - Trailer Axles and Running Gear Components - K71-652-00 E-Z Flex® Complete Tandem Kit

handydan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:08 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohenwald48 View Post
Why do you need to remove a friction sway device when backing? Is it sufficient to simply loosen the friction handle a few turns?
On some installations, damage to the sway control may occur during extremely sharp turning maneuvers. This can be checked by slowly backing the vehicle into a jackknife position while someone is watching. You should not allow the slide bar to contract completely (bottom out) and the sway control should not contact the bumper. If it looks as though contact will be made or the sway control will bottom out, then the sway control must be removed before backing up the trailer. If not, when backing for short distances in situations where tight maneuvering is not a concern, the sway control can be left on, with the friction turned off.
BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:19 AM   #24

mine creaks too!
Sold 1999 Durango
fmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote