Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2015, 09:04 AM   #1

tv bracket mounting help???

Im new to the forum, just purchased a 2015 31rlds tt. had a question about mounting a tv bracket in the bedroom. there is a sticker on the wall that marks where a bracket can be mounted, and the area behind has been reinforced.. purchased a tv mounting bracket from amazon, but the assembly feels very heavy without the tv mounted to it. is there a weight that i shouldn't exceed? also , i have been trying to find info on fasteners and how long they should/can be? any advise would be appreciated!
tech490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:07 AM   #2

Your best bet would be to contact JAYCO direct.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:18 PM   #3

+1 for Grumpy.

We contacted Jayco before drilling into the walls of our 23RB. They provided the max TV weight and wall measurements to help locate the plywood backing for the mount.

I still used a stud finder to verify the location of the backing.
Rivercityjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:50 PM   #4

Ditto what Jeff said. That sticker isn't always in the best spot to mount the bracket. We mounted where the sticker said and it is still holding. I checked after I mounted it and a better spot was in a different spot. I recommend a stud finder. Ours is mounted opposite the shower so we couldn't go too deep.
redenbacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:06 PM   #5

Not sure if this will help. Use a 2x4 or similar that will touch the floor. Screw the bracket into the 2x4 then into the reinforced portion of the wall.
Dyelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:43 PM   #6

I contacted Jayco requesting stud locations around the TV mount sticker, they declined to provide it stating that the sticker is placed where the mount should go. That's when I broke out the stud finder and installed my mount purchased on Amazon. Actually two of them, the second went in the outdoor kitchen. By the way it was installed not even close to the sticker. We love our Jayco but the factory is of no help on providing technical information. Honestly they need to change their perspective relative to supporting customer requests since I do know Forest River does provide such information and we are actively looking to upgrade to a fifth wheel this winter.
Firefighter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 05:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter78 View Post
I contacted Jayco requesting stud locations around the TV mount sticker, they declined to provide it stating that the sticker is placed where the mount should go. That's when I broke out the stud finder and installed my mount purchased on Amazon. Actually two of them, the second went in the outdoor kitchen. By the way it was installed not even close to the sticker. We love our Jayco but the factory is of no help on providing technical information. Honestly they need to change their perspective relative to supporting customer requests since I do know Forest River does provide such information and we are actively looking to upgrade to a fifth wheel this winter.
FWIW, in the past four years of owning three different Jaycos, I find the support to be declining. Email/phone-in responses used to be handled quickly and efficiently but my recent requests have taken sometimes as much as five days to get a response and said response was usually close to worthless.

What I have found is that if you get an actual person on the phone and you're persistent, you'll do better. Even if they can't help you due to Jayco's policies regarding parts, etc., they sometimes will provide pertinent info that lets you track the issue directly with the OEM vendor. In those cases where I've contacted the vendor directly (e.g., Thetford, Challenger Door, et al), I've been able to get some real help... often times with that vendor sending out parts directly to me for no charge.

Sorry for my rant and change of topic... I just feel your pain. Jayco needs to understand that as owners, we can be their strongest advocates.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 07:53 AM   #8

This is a cronic problem and makes no sense why they can't accurately place the decal. If they followed the same random placement of the wall reinforcement to the wheel/axles the TT would tow sideways. Really, a specific positioning for each model s/b part of the specs. I have owned 3 campers and none were marked correctly including my 2014 White Hawk.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:04 AM   #9

"Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting Jayco Customer Service.

I have attached the bathroom/kitchen wall print. I also checked and there is not a weight limit, we just recommend 19in-26in tv. My tech also stated that if you just used a 1 inch coarse thread screw that will work. If you have any question’s, feel free to ask. Thank you!"

My experience with Jayco tech support was very good. They provided accurate drawings, TV size guidance, and recommended screws. We've owned 2 Jayco PU's and had minimal issues. No complains from us.

<><
Rivercityjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 08:24 AM   #10

I have mounted a couple of heavier items to the trailer walls and the best thing for me was to mount a 3/4-inch wood panel up first then mount your TV swing bracket etc to that...

Something like this idea...

I also have had great luck using the MOLY BOLTS that spead out behind the walls to give you better support.. These are better to use than the TOGGLE bolts which will drop the toggle behind the wall if the screw is removed...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:54 AM   #11

I mounted 1 in the bedroom my 29 RLDS, didn't need it to swivel or move and I mounted right where the sticker was and it is solid there. I used a flat mount and it works great. Been there for 3 years and hasn't moved at all
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/peerless...&skuId=8844607

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote