Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-06-2023, 05:15 PM   #1

Tv install

Has anyone mounted a tv in a Jayco slx7 184bs baja?
Thanks
Fobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 11:41 PM   #2

I’m anxious for someone to answer this… I have one I want to install as well.
daniel.hall87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 07:28 PM   #3

I mounted one in a 195, which has a similar mounting location. Easy Peasy.

The wall next to the counter top has both 12V and 120V plugs. The 12V has the TV antenna port. Tap on the wall to find a stud close to the center of where you will mount the TV.

I bought an articulating swivel mount and fastened it to the stud with lag bolts. The wall is only 2" tick, so use bolts accordingly. TV is both AC/DC and has a built-in DVD player. I bought the largest model that would fit in the space.

With that mount you can point it to the bed or the table, and it folds flat against the wall. You may lose a little counter space, so put it up high.

Sorry I don't have a pic.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 09:57 AM   #4

I considered mounting one on the wall near the outlets and called Jayco. They explained that there was no hard point on the wall and suggested I get a counter top mount and bolt it to the counter top. This is a 2017 195RB and yours may have a sticker on the wall and/or they may have changed manufacturing. Mine has 2x2 wall studs so not much to screw into.

Never did it as counter space is so small. Mostly never get it out anyway.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 10:29 AM   #5

Ours is a 2015 195RB. No wall sticker. I wrote to Jayco and had them send me blueprints of the entire build. The TV wasn't the only thing I wall mounted.

The mount base was pretty wide. After tapping the wall to find the stud, I drilled a few pilot holes to find the "exact" position. I mounted the bracket using 3/8" x 1" hex head lag bolts, drilled into the exact center of the stud. The pilot holes are all hidden.

The top of the 16" TV just clears the bottom of the cabinet above. Took some judicious measuring to figure out where to mount the bracket. As such, when its swung back against the wall the counter top below it is still usable.

Of course, the whole trailer is merely paper and toothpicks, so care is required. But I can pull on that TV mount and I'm not afraid it will fall off or deform the wall. The mount was installed after a year of having the TV on the counter.

Below is a link to a similar mount. It's been a couple years now and I couldn't find the exact one I bought.

https://mount-it.com/products/mount-...CABEgKhRvD_BwE
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote