Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-15-2014, 07:04 PM   #1

tv mount

Do you think this will work? I have a 07 29bhs. The current tv sits in overhead cubby hole, its hard to watch that high. I was thinking of putting in a 27" tv, but want it to come down lower. I saw how this guy used a wall mount and mounted it on the bottom instead of the side. The 27" wont fit in the cubby hole, but it will fit flush on the outside of the cabinet and not interfere with the radio. and then it can be lowered for better viewing angle. I will find a way to make it secure for traveling and the cabinet base will need to be beefed up, putting in 3/4" plywood across the inside bottom of cabinet. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
tv mount 2.jpg   tv mount.jpg  
Polk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #2

Looks like it should work okay but I have 2 questions for you.
When you pull down the TV it doesn't look very appealing in the blank cabinet. Do you have plans to fill it with something?
Also, have you considered taking out the cubby hole altogether and mounting that bracket on the ceiling somehow? Might work better for you.
Good luck - Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:14 PM   #3

This is what the other guy did and thought it looked good. He made some bi fold doors for when the tv is down. As far as taking out the cubby hole, I really don't want to go thru that much trouble but I have considered it. If I mounted it to the ceiling im not sure it would come down as far as I would like it. I have been trying to find some kind of tv mount that would go just straight up and down, like if it were on drawer rolers or something.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:27 PM   #4

This is what his finished project looked like. Now he did do this is a Class A were a heavy tv was mounted before and im doing it in a tt that the cabinets are made for a small flat screen, I don't think it will be issue since im just upgrading to a 27", not a whole lot more weight.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:01 AM   #5

Polk-
That finished job looks real nice. Looks like there may be storage behind the bifolds...we always need more of that. Good luck with your project, I'm sure you will get the affect you want.
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #6

I have a similar issue (tv too high). Most brackets are designed to have a vertical arm but I've wondered about using it to lower the TV instead. Looks like that is what you have done. Is that correct? And issues with the bracket being able to support the tv horizontally?

Do you have to remove the tv while traveling?

What bracket are you using?
BeemerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:47 AM   #7

I haven't actually done it YET, i found this that another person had done. He didnt say what bracket he used just one that is made to support that weight. He doesnt remove the tv while traveling he built L- brackets on the bottom and bungee cord built behind the tv to hold it in while traveling. He says it is very stable. Ill try and find the other pictures when i get home tonight. He ties the bungee cord to the sides inside the cabnet and uses little s hooks to attach it to the mounting bracket.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polk View Post
I haven't actually done it YET, i found this that another person had done. He didnt say what bracket he used
Did you ever figure out what make and model bracket that is?
WNY22FBCamper is offline   Reply With Quote