Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #1

TV Patch Pannel

Which connector on the TV Jummper pannel is the one going to the outside cable connection. 2011 26RLS. Need to connect the satelite dish to the reciever...
Old 07-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #2

Isn't your jumper labeled with a sticker above each port that tells you what to do when you have the satellite hooked up to the outside cable receptacle. I assume not since you are asking but maybe you didnt notice it. My 2011 Jayco 29bhs is labeled. If you do not have the label I will tell you what mine says when I get home.
bgarv29BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #3

I think this may help you. I had a similar question and got good help. However, I had seen a Designer owner's system and it was different. But this page shows and tells quite a bit for my 320RLDS and hopefully, yours, too.
http://www.myrvtalk.com/electrical/8...tml#post130724
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #4

That complely answers my question ..

I photo is indeed worth a thousand words... Mine has the A nd B lable but no text that I can see. Of couse it in is a dark box that has not seen the light of day. Well we shoudl have TV this weeknd up in the AZ High countyr for a change:hihi:

I had a worst a 50 50 shot LOL
Old 07-28-2011, 05:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flytyer View Post
I photo is indeed worth a thousand words... Mine has the A nd B lable but no text that I can see. Of couse it in is a dark box that has not seen the light of day. Well we shoudl have TV this weeknd up in the AZ High countyr for a change:hihi:

I had a worst a 50 50 shot LOL
Where in AZ are you? I am here in SE AZ in Sierra Vista area. Taken the TT out for the first time 4th of July weekend. Love that Feather light G2!! Going to Roper Lake in Sept.

2011 Jayco Flight G2 23FB
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Moving Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:28 AM   #6

Picture attached.

Port A (top port on my panel)
Remove COAX jumper between Port "A" & "B" and connect satellite reciever to port "A" when exterior interior inlet connected to satellite dish.

Port B (bottom port on my panel)
Install COAX jumper between Port "A" & "B" when exterior inlet connected to cable TV.

Good luck, sorry I was a little late with the post but maybe it will help someone else. Another way to tell is that your signal meter will not make any noise if your reciever is hooked to the wrong port since your meter draws power from the reciever.

I went camping last weekend in NH and could not get any "over the air" signal with my atenna up there. That was a bummer and I wish I had brought a DirecTv box with me.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20110728_081459.jpg  
bgarv29BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #7

Works

My unit was labled but it sure is dark in there. Once I got some light on the topic it was clear. Worked fine. First night i cranked up the antenna and got some over the air channels ( who knew they were still on old analog TV for the repeaters). Second day spent a few hours playing wiht the dish, signal meter, and cables. Best place need along cable but that 100' wallmart cable was a bit too high of loss for the sat signal. Found a spot that the 25' cable that came with the dish had a fair view and all was well.

Rained most afternoons so it was nice to relax...