Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2017, 11:30 PM   #1

TV tuning

Just got a 2017 Jayco 212qbw a little while ago and finally got a tv. We live near Vancouver BC . We tried out the tv with the antenna and nothing. We had the TV on scan but it found no channels. Is the antenna even hooked up in the unit?Figured I would get a signal in a major city. Was in the same spot with my older trailer and I got signals. Guys that put or unit together weren't the best. The radio antenna is put on wrong and it folds across the trailer instead of front to back.
kayco53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:26 AM   #2

Our TT has an antenna amplifier button that must be on to receive over the air stations. I'm not familiar with your TT but it's just a thought.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:34 AM   #3

When we picked up the trailer the dealer had all the local channels programed in unfortunately there is no TV reception where we live and I never have had any when we go camping. 8^(
turbo130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:13 AM   #4

First make sure the ant booster light is on. Then make sure the ant coax is connect to the ant In connector on the back of the set. The coach coax will be near the spot designed for the tv. Then check the manual for your tv as all of them are different. One way or another the set must be set up for over the air channels vs cable/sat channels. Depending on the setting the tv will only scan for these channels. If you are in a city with strong local broadcast you likely s/b able to receive some over the air channels without an ant connected. Since you are getting nothing I suspect the problem is one of the above issues. Check to make sure the coax is connected to the ant in on the back of the tv. Then make sure the booster lite [typically small green led] is on. Follow the instructions for your tv and go to settings for signal source or type. Choices s/b air or cable. Select air and then go to scan for available channels. That should find and load the available ota channels. Since you said the dealer hooked up and demonstrated reception on local stations during the check out process, I do not expect you have a connection problem with the internal coax.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:28 AM   #5

You must push the little, almost invisible button by the coax hookup to turn on the amp. The little green light will come on. Then put your tv to scan while slowly turning the antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DamonZ8 is offline   Reply With Quote

« New tires | Trip »