Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2016, 11:50 AM   #1

UPDATE!! on Weight distribution/Hitch set up.

I'm home!

Ok just like I thought I drove all the way over to the dealer 45 minutes away just for them to tell me that my set up is fine and I would have to stick with that drop to keep the trailer level. I was not happy. The only thing they did do for me was switch out the chain bracket to a better one with more of a hook to hold onto the chain link so it's not slipping off. The one that came with the system I have only has a small shallow grove and the chain link is constantly slipping off when I am trying to lock the bracket. Because the bracket can hold the chain link better, he now has me hooking up on the 3rd link (instead of the 2nd) which gives me a little more clearance but now the spring bar bows upwards. I wasn't sure it was supposed to do that but he assured me it's supposed to bend and it's perfectly fine. I am attaching pics for you all to see. In the end it would be up to me to purchase a different weight dist system which I don't have extra money for at this time. I will have to deal with what I have for now. So disappointing, but on the brighter side my baby is home and I cannot wait to clean her up and go camping!!!

lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:19 PM   #2

While the wd bars are bowed up a little, it is hard to tell just how much with how close the pic is. Do you have a pic from a little farther away? A slight upward bow or upward angle is ok.

If they are angled/bowed up to much, you will need to remove the hitch head to add another washer to tilt the hitch head more, then go back to 8 chain links under tension (only 1 hanging free).

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote