Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2024, 03:30 PM   #1

upgrades to 224BHW, outside compartment dishwasher, new pex lines, and tankless water

My wife and daughter took our trailer out last week for the first time in several months(2022 224BHW) and learned the importance of using a pressure regulator(stupid mistake, I know). The first night out we found out shower lines were leaking where the flexible white braided hose is clamped with Oetikers to the pex fittings. we were able to manage the next couple days but when I got home I decided enough was enough and wanted to replace as much of the flexible hose as possible with pex. It was a pretty major undertaking as you can see here but was well worth it. Now, the only flexible lines remaining are the small section right after the 12v water pump and the black tank flush. Also, while I had the water heater out to access the water lines, I upgraded to a tankless water heater with a digital controller. Were getting ready for a road trip in June and want to be as ready as possible. Lastly, I bought and installed a countertop dishwasher in the outside compartment where the mini fridge was. I tapped in an additional water line with a shut off and plumbed the dishwasher directly(it drains into a bucket outside)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4333.jpg   IMG_4338.jpg   IMG_4337.jpg   IMG_4336.jpg   IMG_4335.jpg  

IMG_4332.jpg   IMG_4331.jpg   IMG_4229.jpg   IMG_4228.jpg   IMG_3863.jpg  

billyjoeshishkabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 04:30 PM   #2

Wow, you've been busy and
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2024, 08:07 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State! That was a very ambitious undertaking, but worth it, I'm sure.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 04:02 AM   #4

All your hard work will pay off in your feeling of security.
I just posted about those white plastic braided lines being attached to Pex fittings with Pex clamps....they're gonna fail. And in your case it 'might' have been no pressure regulation BUT, who knows how much OR LITTLE it actually took for them to leak, at those points.

Great Job! AND THE DISHWASHER?? NIIIICE!
2023 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2.7L EcoBoost, 4x4, 3.73 axle, #1900 payload #10,100 tow capacity.
JKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM   #5

Thank you all for your kind words and replies. It was a big job, but I'm super satisfied with the outcome and I got to gain a bit more of an intimate relationship with my family rig.
billyjoeshishkabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 04:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjoeshishkabob View Post
Thank you all for your kind words and replies. It was a big job, but I'm super satisfied with the outcome and I got to gain a bit more of an intimate relationship with my family rig.
YES! This is why I like to open up panels, poke around LOOK for potential trouble or just LEARN. Everyone should know their unit. Even if one is not skilled in a certain area, electrical/plumbing/carpentry, etc. Just being FAMILIAR with your camper makes troubleshooting and learning easier when something goes wrong. Then, you'll usually realize none of it is really that complicated. Just takes a little knowledge and willingness to dive in and do your best. Then of course, utilize this heck outta this forum, full of 'smarties!'
2023 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2.7L EcoBoost, 4x4, 3.73 axle, #1900 payload #10,100 tow capacity.
JKyle is offline   Reply With Quote