Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-24-2016, 02:41 PM   #1

Upgrading from 195RB to 23RB

I currently have a 195rb and am interested in upgrading to the 23RB. Does anyone have this model and could share their thoughts about it. I haven't seen the unit in person yet. I was quoted 8500 on trade for my 195RB and quoted $19,175 for the 23RB. I'm not sure this is the best price but it is the dealer closest to me. Id rather spend more to have my money spent where i would need service. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you,

Andrew
Speedracer7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 06:04 PM   #2

We have the Jayflight 23 RB and like it very well. It is great for just the two of us but we do very well when three grandkids go along. WE have pulled it over 5,000 miles with a Toyota Tundra with no problems. For us it is just the right size for the state parks we like to go to.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:36 PM   #3

Put a for sale sign on it and sell yourself, I don't see a reason why you couldn't ask $2000 or more than the dealership is trying to charge. Dealers want to make money, and will never give anywhere near what a trade in is worth.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:18 PM   #4

We have a Starcraft 235fb which is a twin to the Jayco 23rb.
(For some reason, the fb applies to front bedroom in the Starcraft and the rb applies to rear bath in the Jayco...go figure!)

We really enjoy our 235fb with just me and my spouse. We spent over a month at a time in it on camping trips and never had any problems. Plenty of storage. Plenty of fresh water capacity (we have the dual tanks, so over 80 gallons). We like that it is a basic model, we did not want slides or an automatic awning. I would definitely suggest getting the thermal package (the belly cover really helps protect the underside).

As Racinforthefinish has said, at 26 ft total length (bumper to hitch) it is small enough to get into smaller camping sites at many parks.

The $19K price tag seems high to me. I think you can get a much better price by shopping around a bit more, but if you like dealing with your local RV dealer...well...it is your money to spend.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:01 AM   #5

We tried both and we love our 23rb. We opted for the elite package, polar package, and fiberglass. Definitely recommend the dual water tanks, having 80 gallons of fresh is a huge difference. Like was said before there seems to be enough room to be cozy and be small enough to fit in the smaller campsites. The dual axle will haul smoother than your single you have. The ceiling is taller in the 23rb and the big bathroom is a plus. I didn't want anything with slides, I think the less moving parts the better.
I love the 195rb and we went with every intention of buying one, but once we stepped into the 23rb we were sold
A base model 23rb here was $17,500 but our was more due to upgrades
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:07 AM   #6

23rb

Speedracer7c:

DW and I have had a 23RB now for two years (+ a few thousands of miles) and have been quite happy with it's size and facilities. Like others have written, the length of the trailer does not prevent visiting sites with size restrictions. There is plenty of room for two no matter the length of stay. Actually, the price you quoted for a new one doesn't seem that high, if the trailer is equipped with extras that make it an "Elite" model.
Gharwali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 01:19 AM   #7

I just bought a 24RBS this summer for 16,8xx delivered. Msrp was 27,xxx. You probably can get a better deal if you price shop.
tigger1197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:49 AM   #8

We love our 2015 23RB and are so glad we bought it. Ours was around $17,500 with the thermal package. I love the bigger bathroom with the large closet and the "walk around" bed. I am not in love with the Denver mattress. It will be changed out this next spring to something hopefully more comfortable. It is just the two of us so this size is perfect and as we didn't want one with a slide as we felt it was just something that could cause problems down the road, this was perfect. We spend most of our time outdoors anyway so this model is great for us. Would do it again in a heartbeat!
gloryb is offline   Reply With Quote