Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-23-2019, 03:08 PM   #21

As a 32BHDS owner, and one who’s hauled it 15,000 miles since delivery...

Get more truck than a tundra.
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:21 PM   #22

Buy used

Totally agree with others. If you can find a gently used 2 year old trailer for a reasonable price do it. All trailers are sold incomplete. You just aren’t told what is left for you to fix. Chances are the first time owners have gotten that sorted out. Don’t worry about no warranty. They aren’t worth the paper they are written on. Just get it and assume you will need to buy new tires in a year and probably new battteries. If you plan on it it’s no big deal.
GScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:48 PM   #23

Nice choices. Is the 32BHDS used a Jayflight also?
Looks like your new 32BHDS is at 33% off list which is nice, not great but pretty much normal, being that it’s a 2018 and not a 2019 might bring a bit more discount ($2,000).
Who will install your WDH if you go w the used trailer?
If it were me, and I liked both trailers (32BHDS), and both are identical (2 AC units) I’d first ask if they are any issues w the used trailer, because if there were minor issues they most likely never took it in to get fixed under warranty if they needed it to live in.
If everything checks out I’d offer her 17k, and hopefully compromise in the 19-20 range, use the additional savings to get a top rated WDH installed, and pocket the savings. Keep in mind the minute you take the new unit off the lot it is a used camper.
As far as the Tundra, stick with it for now. I had a Tundra for years and towed a 29BHS, and also my sons 31BHDS with zero issues. We generally tow an hour to campground and we’re in northern Ohio so relatively flat. Always used common sense when towing. I’d use it for now and see how she goes your trailer. Now, if your towing over mountains, well, then you prob should do a 3/4 ton diesel.
Let us know what you decide.
PS...will you pay sales tax on the private used unit?
If not, that saves you another bundle.
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:06 PM   #24

If you want the sky light then go for it. Otherwise I would go with the one the nurse used while her house was being built. It probably has all the creature comforts built in. Trust me I bought mine used and I am adding creature comforts as we speak. I would be leaning towards the one the nurse had. But go with your instincts. Look over carefully and then do the lemming thing. Except knowingly know that you made a leap of good faith. Good luck.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying help, used help