Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2016, 01:39 PM   #1

Vents to what?

I have two, one red and one blue, PEX pipes sticking out of my covered underbelly close to the black and gray tank dump valve. At least I am assuming they are vents because I can't find any valves inside the trailer that they might go to. They are not the FW overflow pipes, those are forward of the wheels. My dealer doesn't know what they are either. I thought they might be lower vents for the black and gray tanks to go with the roof vents. That's just a guess. I would like to know for sure though.

Dale
DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 01:46 PM   #2

Those are most likely low point drains. Red for hot water, blue for cold. Look for valves possibly on the inside of the trailer close to where these come out
Dwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 01:48 PM   #3
Site Team

My guess is they're the drains for hot and cold water lines. There should be valves somewhere, along the way.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 02:10 PM   #4

I would be very thankful if they were low-point-drains. The valve labeled low-point-drain is actually my FW tank drain. When I did my PDI I asked where the plumbing low-point-drains were and the guy said some trailers don't have them anymore since you just pump anti-freeze through the pipes to winterize. At the time that seemed like a very puzzling answer. I agree that since they are red and blue that would make the most sense. The problem remains, if they are low-point-drains, where are the valves.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:21 PM   #5
Site Team

I'm not sure on your particular model, ours has two line drain valves under the bathroom sink. They're very small T-handles that pull up a tad to open . This also drains our water heater at the same time. I'm sure you've already looked directly above the pipes, so this is a puzzler. Maybe a call to Jayco for help?

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 03:00 PM   #6

What do you have on the inside of the travel trailer just above where those two red and blue pipes are? If there is a cabinet or a panel you can remove, take a look there. My low point drains for my trailre are like yours, and located near the rear of the trailer. The valves for them are located INSIDE the trailer right next to the hot water heater, but mine are in a storage area that is accessed through an outside door.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 03:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey02 View Post
What do you have on the inside of the travel trailer just above where those two red and blue pipes are? If there is a cabinet or a panel you can remove, take a look there. My low point drains for my trailre are like yours, and located near the rear of the trailer. The valves for them are located INSIDE the trailer right next to the hot water heater, but mine are in a storage area that is accessed through an outside door.
I'll look into the hot water heater area to see if they are there. There are no outside access doors I haven't looked in but I'll keep looking.

Any Jay Flight owners out there?
Old 05-29-2016, 03:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdhealy4 View Post
I'll look into the hot water heater area to see if they are there. There are no outside access doors I haven't looked in but I'll keep looking.

Any Jay Flight owners out there?
Right above where the red and blue pipes are is the bathroom sink. There are valves under the sink but they are for the outside shower.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:43 PM   #9

There are a minimum of two sets of low point drains. Each fw tank has one. And the hot and cold water lines each have one. What you are describing are for the water pipes. Often the valves are in the bathroom tucked under the sink. Where you can barely reach in to grab them. Also they do not look or enable like a normal valve. They have a Tee handle, you must pull the handle up and away to open the valve.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 07:21 PM   #10

When you find the valves they will be in some awful place to try and get to. Mine were behind a cabinet stack and could not see them. I had to use a mirror to see and a long pliers to pull them up. I solved that problem by putting a new valve on each outside pipe which is the drain.
Good luck finding them
Old 05-29-2016, 08:12 PM   #11

On our trailer, the low point drain valves are in the rear storage compartment right under the water heater:

2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack in Alaska View Post
When you find the valves they will be in some awful place to try and get to. Mine were behind a cabinet stack and could not see them. I had to use a mirror to see and a long pliers to pull them up. I solved that problem by putting a new valve on each outside pipe which is the drain.
Good luck finding them
Quote:
Originally Posted by North of 49° View Post
On our trailer, the low point drain valves are in the rear storage compartment right under the water heater:

Problem solved. They were under the bathroom sink as folks had suggested. I must have been a little slow the other day when I saw them. I twisted the tops and nothing happened. Now I know what I'm looking at and lift the T to open the valve not twist.

I'm finding out that Jayco does some things a little different sometimes compared to the other TTers I've owned.

Dale
Old 05-30-2016, 01:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack in Alaska View Post
Good luck finding them
Had a simular issue. Mine had a tiny hand access through a panel under the bathroom sink. I removed the panel. Lots of room to access the valves
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:22 PM   #14

Another problem successfully solved! Now go out and enjoy that trailer!
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote