Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-06-2020, 05:16 PM   #1

Very Bad Pressure in Kitchen Faucet

Hey there, can anyone help me? I am looking for a plumbing diagram so that I can figure out whats wrong with my Kitchen Faucet pressure, or someone with experience in this issue.

I have the 2019 Jay Flight SLX, 34ft tow trailer. The faucet is the pull out sprayer/soaker kind.

I have checked the screens, there is nothing there. Water flow from the source is great, its a hose with a pressure regulator.

Bathroom sink and shower are great, no issues. Kitchen pressure is so low, it literally takes 60seconds to fill up 4 cups of water, or about 120 seconds to fill my 10 cup coffee pot.

Funny thing is, this started a few months ago, and resolved on its own. Now the problem has returned, is worse, and I cant figure it out.

Can someone help me with this please? It would mean a lot.

Thank you in advance!
PaulFunkPrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:23 PM   #2

I assume you checked for kinks under the sink? Is it both the hot & cold running slow?
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:35 PM   #3

that is correct, and yes, both hot and cold.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:09 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFunkPrs View Post
I have the 2019 Jay Flight SLX, 34ft tow trailer. The faucet is the pull out sprayer/soaker kind.
Have you checked the actual sprayer hose under the sink? I have seen them develop a kink, near where the weight hangs, and where they curve back up, which slows the water flow.

Try bending the sprayer hose back and forth while the water is running to see if flow changes.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:52 PM   #5

If it is possible why not just replace the hose and sprayer? Most likely that is the problem. Do you have a shutoff under the sink? if so, it also could have crud caught in slowing down the shut off valve.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 04:26 AM   #6

Not sure, but does the sprayer head disassemble to see if there is gunk in it. Sounds like it's in the head itself.

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Hey there, can anyone help me? I am looking for a plumbing diagram so that I can figure out whats wrong with my Kitchen Faucet pressure, or someone with experience in this issue.

I have checked the screens, there is nothing there. Water flow from the source is great, its a hose with a pressure regulator.

Bathroom sink and shower are great, no issues. Kitchen pressure is so low, it literally takes 60seconds to fill up 4 cups of water, or about 120 seconds to fill my 10 cup coffee pot.

Funny thing is, this started a few months ago, and resolved on its own. Now the problem has returned, is worse, and I cant figure it out.

Can someone help me with this please? It would mean a lot.

Thank you in advance!
I had problems with ours in our Greyhawk Class C. It turned out that the water line under the sink gets kinked when the slide is in. I rerouted it and it works fine. The bottom drawers were catching on the line as it moved in and out.

David
1SGPETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Have you checked the actual sprayer hose under the sink? I have seen them develop a kink, near where the weight hangs, and where they curve back up, which slows the water flow.

Try bending the sprayer hose back and forth while the water is running to see if flow changes.

There are no kinks, ive played with it repeatedly. No changes :-/
Old 03-10-2020, 12:45 PM   #9

I'm not sure about a shut-off, I have not seen that. It is practically brand new, and there is no crud when I take apart the sprayer, and nothing in the screens.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:46 PM   #10

Cleaning out the diffuser fixed ours.

DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 01:49 PM   #11

When our trailer was brand new, and on the second trip out, the shower went from a steady hard stream to just a dribble. I disconnected the shower hose from the faucet and turned on the hot/cold water. It started out just a trickle and then whoosh...a flood of water came out, along with a big wad of paper. The paper had been plugging up the faucet...AND I have no idea where it came from. We were using our water pump, so the water had to pass through the filter on the pump, which would have caught the paper. It must have gotten in the line somehow during manufacture. Maybe a disgruntled employee??

You might try disconnecting the hose from your faucet and see if it's plugged up. If you have the room you could place a bucket under the faucet and turn the water on to see what kind of a flow you have.
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 02:56 PM   #12

My opinion....

The hot and cold water lines to your faucet give you 2 different input feeds. If they are both slow the only common factor is the faucet itself. I would disassemble it as much as possible and see what you can find. Try removing the entire head and then turn the faucet on. If water comes flying out, the problem is in the head. If it still comes out slow the problem is probably in the mixing area cartridge, assuming it is a single handle faucet. Should be able to remove the handle to get at the cartridge. I have replaced a few cartridges in my home faucets over the years and it was not a big deal.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:39 PM   #13

Step 1, cover the drain so you won't lose any parts down it.

1st test, easiest test. Pull the spray head up. Where the hose meets the bottom of the handle, unscrew it. Usually a small round silver connector. Don't drop the hose as it may be difficult to retrieve if the weight pulls it into the body. Point the hose in the sink and operate hot and cold.
Good pressure at the hose means something wrong with the sprayer.

No pressure from the hose? Time to shut the supply valves and remove the cartridge. I recommend a quick you tube degree in cartridge removal. After you remove the cartridge, place a cup over the cartridge hole and operate each valve to blow out debris. Reassemble.

Still no pressure from the hose? Shut the supply valves, remove the supply lines from the valves under the sink. Blow them out into a bucket to remove debris.

No pressure at the supply valves? I doubt it, but that's gonna be a new problem.

If you rather not remove the cartridge, you can skip straight to the supply valves. If you have pressure at the valves, it must be a cartridge issue, assuming you removed the sprayer and tested the hose.

Tip! It helps to have an extra supply line to connect to the supply valves. Now you can remove the existing supply hose from the valve, rather than under the faucet. Way easier.
10yearsbehind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:50 PM   #14

If you have good pressure from the supply valves and you blow out the cartridge and still have no pressure from the spray hose, time for a new cartridge.

You can try to disassemble the cartridge to check for issues but good luck, then get it back together correctly....
10yearsbehind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:59 AM   #15

Low water pressure

Call Jayco and ask them to send the schematics for your coach. I did that because of how the electrical wiring was hooked up, as no one, dealer, Jayco, etc. could answer my question. They emailed me within twenty minutes and a half hour later I figure out there problem, it was an easy fix, hopefully that will happen for you. Question, does it only happen when using the pump, not when direct hook up to water.
Retired mountain folk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 12:28 PM   #16

If you have a whole house water filter I would start there. Keep in mind the kitchen sink is probably the farthest from your water inlet. I have had this issues before and replaced my water filter and poof good flow again. So I believe what happened is you flow is disturbed so your regular "thinks" the pressure is higher then it is and cuts pressure. The kitchen sink is farthest away so its effected the most. If you dont have a water filter i would unhook your regular and try it. See if it's a bad regular. 2 things to check before you start taking things apart. I seem to have to replace my regular about every few months. They either start to leak or they get gummed up and cut flow. Dont waist your money on an expensive regular just get the cheap ones and by 2 or 3. The spendy ones dont last any longer then the cheap ones. They are all made in china anyway. That's where I would start. I would also look at the water pump and there is a little bowl style filter inline just before the pump in would also clean that out. Not sure why but it dose effect water flow even when the pump is not in use.. mine leaked and cut flow and when I fixed it and cleaned it out poof again good flow.. just a few easy things to check before you start ripping things apart. Hope it helps
Mad5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 12:58 PM   #17

Clogged aerator?
Dondevers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Hey there, can anyone help me? I am looking for a plumbing diagram so that I can figure out whats wrong with my Kitchen Faucet pressure, or someone with experience in this issue. I have the 2019 Jay Flight SLX, 34ft tow trailer. The faucet is the pull out sprayer/soaker kind. I have checked the screens, there is nothing there. Water flow from the source is great, its a hose with a pressure regulator. Bathroom sink and shower are great, no issues. Kitchen pressure is so low, it literally takes 60seconds to fill up 4 cups of water, or about 120 seconds to fill my 10 cup coffee pot. Funny thing is, this started a few months ago, and resolved on its own. Now the problem has returned, is worse, and I cant figure it out. Can someone help me with this please? It would mean a lot. Thank you in advance!
My Pinnacle is 10 months old and last month my kitchen faucet developed the same problem. I replaced the sprayer head and it completely cured the problem. Replaced it with this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:21 PM   #19

Why not have the dealer fix it? You should have a 2 year warranty on it unless you bought it used.
hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:29 PM   #20

I had the same problem. I took the weight off of the faucet hose. Problem solved! I have to push the nozzle and hose back down manually, but no biggie.
Southernman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad pressure, faucet, sink