Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2019, 08:09 AM   #1

Visible Daylight when slide closed

We just noticed when we came back from our recent outing that when the slide is closed you can see daylight near the bottom on both sides.

It appears from the outside that the slide is closed down tight but I don't know of a way (other than visual) to verify this.

My wife wonders if it's closed all along the bottom but I'm not sure how I could check that either.

For now, since it's back in storage, I stuck some steel wool over the visible spots to help deter critters from coming in and I'll be calling the dealer today.

Just curious for some feedback on others who may have had this issue.

A couple of other things:

2019 Jay Feather 27BH
How do I tell what kind of slide system I have?

2017 Shasta 18FQ (traded in)
2015 Quicksilver 10.0 (sold)

Not all who wander are lost.
kweinert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kweinert View Post
We just noticed when we came back from our recent outing that when the slide is closed you can see daylight near the bottom on both sides.

It appears from the outside that the slide is closed down tight but I don't know of a way (other than visual) to verify this.

My wife wonders if it's closed all along the bottom but I'm not sure how I could check that either.

For now, since it's back in storage, I stuck some steel wool over the visible spots to help deter critters from coming in and I'll be calling the dealer today.

Just curious for some feedback on others who may have had this issue.

A couple of other things:

2019 Jay Feather 27BH
How do I tell what kind of slide system I have?

Mine showed daylight between the slide as well. Inside the trailer at the front and back bottom corners of the slide are foam rubber squares. I just slid the forward to fill the daylight gap. Worked well and no more daylight.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:35 PM   #3

Cant answer on the daylight however DoNot use steel wool like that . When "steel" wool gets even a little damp it will leave rust marks.
Mr Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:04 PM   #4
crl

We had the same issue on our 2019 WhiteHawk 28RL. I found the same foam or runner square a mentioned in the previous reply. Just repositioned the foam and the issue was resolved. I have made it a practice during my pretrip maintenance to check the positioning of both of these “plugs”. I also treat them with seal treatment each time I treat the rest of my seals.
crl is offline   Reply With Quote