Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2018, 12:13 PM   #1

Warranty good news

After reading so much about all the trouble people have have been having with Jayco and warranties I figured I would share a good news story. I took the tt in for service because my left rear tire was worn smooth on the inside of the tire. I received a call today from the dealer and the issue was a bent axle, Jayco has already approved the parts and work plus replacing the tire. I truly expected some push back on this issue so I am a very happy Jayco owner today !

2017 Jay Flight 284 BHSW SLX
2014 F150 XLT 4x4 quad cab
2018 Ford F150 XLT Sport 4x4
2020 Ford F-150 Ltd Sport max tow
equalizer wd/sway
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:42 PM   #2

You sure had better luck than we did. Jayco would not give us anything when our mattress went lumpy and flat. They also said we broke the table leg latch mechanism. (broke the first time we used it.)
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
After reading so much about all the trouble people have have been having with Jayco and warranties I figured I would share a good news story. I took the tt in for service because my left rear tire was worn smooth on the inside of the tire. I received a call today from the dealer and the issue was a bent axle, Jayco has already approved the parts and work plus replacing the tire. I truly expected some push back on this issue so I am a very happy Jayco owner today !
We had the same experience. We took the TT in for an inspection prior to the trip.. Dealer found a problem ( worn inner tire) within 5 minutes.. Jayco approved the warranty work for a bent axle immediately and we got the trailer back a few days later ( was less than a week).

I wonder how much a working relationship between the dealer and Jayco influences outcomes?

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
I wonder how much a working relationship between the dealer and Jayco influences outcomes?
Probably 95% at least. As I've said many times, we've never had an issue with warranty items.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:20 PM   #5

Glad to hear a positive story now and then.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:42 PM   #6

I have to give sets of praise to 2 despised entities, both Jayco and Camping World. Our trailer we bought new in January of this year had been perfect until our week long fall break trip and then a number of relatively cosmetic defects showed up. Finally on the drive home from our trip I pulled into our driveway to find one of the upper windows on the slide spider cracked across the whole window. No sign of an impact could be detected, just appeared that road vibrations had caused the window to crack. Our trip home was only 150 miles and I had already put probably 4000 miles on the trailer this season, so no idea why the window decided to fail on the trip home.

Regardless I scheduled a time with Camping World to bring the trailer in, which of course was 30 days out, but I expected that as the weather was turning colder. I winterized the unit myself as I didn't want freezing weather to affect the trailer while waiting to take it in. Side note, I was surprised at how much water remains in the lines as I blew them out to winterize it. Anyhow, I took the trailer in, pointed out the cosmetic issues which were the usual trim coming loose and some paneling, as well as a crack in my skylight that I have no idea where that came from. The service tech immediately retrieved the warranty manager to inspect the window as he knew that would likely be a point of contention. She pointed out issues with the window I had even failed to notice. One of the mounting screws was bent and not square in the frame and another part of the frame was slightly bent. She says she has seen issues similar to ours often where if the frame isn't perfectly installed, the rolling vibrations heading down the road cause windows to crack.

Just got a call late last week that all of our issues were approved to be covered under warranty, that parts were being ordered and I should have my unit back in 10-14 days. Of course the work hasn't been completed and I haven't gotten to inspect their work yet, but the professionalism and care for the customer has been spot on so far. This has not been a timely process, but thankfully this all occurred at a point in the year where we didn't have any more camping plans on the books, so I have had the opportunity to be patient.

So far I have been extremely happy, hopefully that continues and we may just have to test out the thermal package and do some winter camping.