Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2024, 03:26 PM   #1

Warranty issues

We purchased our Jay Flight 240 RBSW back in September of 2023. The furnace went out in November of 2023. Camping World of Reno's mobile tech removed it and took it back to their shop. They informed me it required new components and put in a request with Jayco.
It is now April and Camping World of Reno says the warranty clerk at Jayco still has not given approval for repair.
Has anyone experienced this? I reached out to Jayco and waiting for a response.
Jedicats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 05:05 PM   #2

I would bet the slowdown is on camping worlds side.
Old 04-10-2024, 05:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokyle1 View Post
This^^^ and components are warranted by their separate manufacturers so CW can contact them directly for approval also.
Old 04-10-2024, 05:17 PM   #4

Call Jayco and ask them about it. You just need the last 8 numbers of your VIN number to get the full history on any claims for your rig.

2021 GMC half ton T/V
2022 Jayfeather 25RB
Anderson WDH
Markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 01:00 PM   #5

Update

I was.mistaken. It was Suburban Camping World of Reno was trying to contact. When I received this updated information, I contacted Suburban myself. They replied right away and were unaware of my issue. The rep asked for the contact at Camping World of Reno. 2 days later I contacted Camping World of Reno and was told Suburban is sending a.whole new furnace.
What took Camping World of Reno 5 months took me 2 days to resolve. Very interesting.
Thank you all for your help and suggestions.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokyle1 View Post
I bet if you ask other Jayco owners they will tell you 99% it's JAYCO !
sqdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 02:39 PM   #7

What is your opinion of the 2024 Jayco 30Z ? I'm totally dissatisfied with my recent purchase. Warranty repairs by Blue Compass is not what they preach at sale.
sqdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 03:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedicats View Post
I was.mistaken. It was Suburban Camping World of Reno was trying to contact. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdance View Post
I bet if you ask other Jayco owners they will tell you 99% it's JAYCO !
Then you missed the above post. JAYCO was not even being contacted, it was Suburban....
Old 05-01-2024, 12:14 PM   #9

Quote:
We purchased our Jay Flight 240 RBSW back in September of 2023. The furnace went out in November of 2023. Camping World of Reno's mobile tech removed it and took it back to their shop. They informed me it required new components and put in a request with Jayco.
It is now April and Camping World of Reno says the warranty clerk at Jayco still has not given approval for repair.
Sounds to me the “dealer” dropped the ball and is blaming Jayco. We’ve had probably 40 or more warranty claims within the first two years and even after that and had approvals squally within minutes for the first two years, and within a few days for warranty claims after that. Call Jayco and ask for the manager of the warranty dept. Since it is such a new coach, they really shouldn’t have any problems ok’ing it.
Retired mountain folk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 03:39 PM   #10

Quote:
When I bring in my Ford to the dealer for service under warranty THEY REPAIR IT. Why would a Jayco Dealer NEED APPROVAL to repair a Jayco product under warranty?
Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 03:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
When I bring in my Ford to the dealer for service under warranty THEY REPAIR IT. Why would a Jayco Dealer NEED APPROVAL to repair a Jayco product under warranty?
They are not franchised like an auto dealer since they handle multiple brands. Also the components are warranted by the individual manufacturers. Coleman, Dometic, Lippert etc.
Old 05-01-2024, 04:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
They are not franchised like an auto dealer since they handle multiple brands. Also the components are warranted by the individual manufacturers. Coleman, Dometic, Lippert etc.
So I guess that 2 year warranty sticker on the side of my fifth wheel was put there by the individual manufacturers.
Old 05-01-2024, 04:26 PM   #13

Quote:
So I guess that 2 year warranty sticker on the side of my fifth wheel was put there by the individual manufacturers.
Actually some of the warranties go beyond 2 years...scroll down.

https://www.jayco.com/about/warranty/
Old 05-01-2024, 05:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Actually some of the warranties go beyond 2 years...scroll down.

https://www.jayco.com/about/warranty/
Jayco has a great warranty, probably one of the best. The problem is getting repairs done under the warranty. If a component in a Jayco product needs service Jayco should in my opinion stand behind the repair no matter who the manufacturer of the component is. If the warranty covers the repair the dealer should repair it. From some of the horror stories I’ve read it’s not that easy.
Old 05-01-2024, 05:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Jayco has a great warranty, probably one of the best. The problem is getting repairs done under the warranty. If a component in a Jayco product needs service Jayco should in my opinion stand behind the repair no matter who the manufacturer of the component is. If the warranty covers the repair the dealer should repair it. From some of the horror stories I’ve read it’s not that easy.
In 90% of cases it's because the dealer sat on it. Or as in the case of the OP in this thread, it was Suburban that the dealer was working with, not Jayco. Post #5.

I used the same dealer for almost 40.years and never had problems. As I also posted previously JAYCO authorized an a/c replacement, by a mobile tech, while I was at Ft. Wilderness as soon as the Tech talked to them.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 03:36 PM   #16

Great News

Furnace has been replaced and is working fine.
It pays to take matters into your own hands. After listening to Camping World's various excuses over the last 5 months, I contacted Suburban myself and had a new furnace delivered to them in a week.
Now onto my water heater issue. Camping World says it's the board. Any takers on how long this will take. Lol
Old 05-08-2024, 05:15 PM   #17

Quote:
After listening to Camping World's various excuses over the last 5 months...
Camping World has an awful reputation, well earned from what I've heard from friends. My dealer was wonderful and had everything fixed quickly with no issues or delays. It's a shame that some dealerships are so terrible and bring discredit to the brands that they sell.

Camping World has a large footprint and lots of people go there and buy campers. That is the reason that Jayco still allows them to sell, because it's a large corporation that sells a LOT of product. Unfortunately, as you found out too late, they are awful after the sale.

Hopefully it's a lesson learned and you'll research the dealer before buying another camper. If you get a good dealer, your experiences will be drastically different.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 05:20 PM   #18

Quote:
*snip*
What took Camping World of Reno 5 months took me 2 days to resolve. Very interesting.
Thank you all for your help and suggestions.
Anal, cranium inversion on CW's part. Not surprising!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping world, furnace, warranty