Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2016, 11:48 AM   #21

Quote:
This whole discussion just got me thinking.... what if the dealer thought I was from 500miles away....would that affect the offered price, if he thought he was never going to see you again... (rvonline... rvwholesalers... etc)
Wouldn't work for me... I see him regularly in the grocery store.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:50 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davecarol View Post
What I did was gave the trailer spec sheet from the dealer I finally ended up buy from and giving it to my local dealer. I even told him what I was paying from the other dealer and he still quoted the MSRP price. What I don't get is they did not even lower the price a $1, what gives. Their is not much more I could do to buy from local dealer other then pay their price. It just does not make sense to me.

Dave
We would have considered getting an 2017 if our local dealer would have even gotten close on price. $8,000 is a lot of money. Plus financing. Plus Tax on that extra $8,000.
They had a real attitude that I had even shopped price. I told them if they were within $1-2,000 of the other price, I would buy no questions asked. They said it wasn't worth their time.....

I do not feel bad about shopping price. I try to buy local and USA made whenever I can even if it costs a little more, but there is a limit to my loyalty......
Old 07-21-2016, 12:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsday75 View Post
We would have considered getting an 2017 if our local dealer would have even gotten close on price. $8,000 is a lot of money. Plus financing. Plus Tax on that extra $8,000.
They had a real attitude that I had even shopped price. I told them if they were within $1-2,000 of the other price, I would buy no questions asked. They said it wasn't worth their time.....

I do not feel bad about shopping price. I try to buy local and USA made whenever I can even if it costs a little more, but there is a limit to my loyalty......
I absolutely agree there is a limit. If I was 8k$ apart I'd drive to Indiana myself and deal with the service side of it later. It's hard to understand how two dealers in the same market can be that far apart.

I can understand this on specialty vehicles where dealers have low allocation numbers and may only get one unit a year to sell(Dodge Hellcat for example). I wonder if certain Jayco dealers only get so many rigs to sell a year?
Old 07-21-2016, 09:25 PM   #24

We bought our new trailer 2 hours away as the two closest dealers were $8K and $4K more on the same trailer. We have bought from both dealers and the closest one did some warranty work but only the super easy items, the rest they said we'd have to live with and also told me that they are considering only servicing what they sell. I brought trailer back to selling dealership and they are addressing the rest of the issues.
270wsmhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:48 AM   #25

We purchased our 2016 Grayhawk from our local dealer ( 18 miles ) So far the dealers service has been disappointing . The only warranty repair that was satisfactory was in November of 2015 (less than a month after purchase ) when we found out the heat pump did not work . Dealer has us bring it in the next day , 4 days later was repaired. When I picked up our unit asked service manager what was wrong, He replied "something inside the air conditioner " He did not realize I had checked the model of our unit and knew it was only a air conditioner. Jayco had failed to install the correct model. Warranty repairs after that we had to wait 3 weeks or more to bring it in , Then water leaks not fixed and parts had to be ordered . So far I have made all repairs myself with parts supplied by dealer sent direct to me . As far as I am concerned their is no warranty from Jayco Only their suppliers .
Davidmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:01 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
I can understand this on specialty vehicles where dealers have low allocation numbers and may only get one unit a year to sell(Dodge Hellcat for example). I wonder if certain Jayco dealers only get so many rigs to sell a year?
From what I understand the "higher" the sales volume the better the pricing the dealer gets.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:02 AM   #27

When I was looking no dealer came within $18,000 of the price I paid for my 2015 Precept 35UN. I did talk to the local dealer and they said they would service it, they didn't have one available when I was buying, In turn I brought my friends to them, they shopped RV One got a price, The local dealer came within 1k of the price, they purchased their Eagle 360 locally. The picture is of our two units in my driveway.
Attached Thumbnails
Duo.jpg  
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:42 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
They work on everything from $250 million plus diesel pushers down to the smallest pop up. And everything in between.
I'd really like to see what a quarter BILLION dollar diesel pusher looks like.

I have almost always purchased from non-local dealers. If you are handy, most of the components (water heater, refer, TV, a/c etc.) carry their own warranties from their manufacturers. I've never had problems working with those folks for warranty parts and such. I repair all the little stuff myself.

Anything major I would probably take back to the factory as I don't think I would trust any dealer for something significant like a roof replacement or sidewall replacement. Remember that a good many RV repair folks are not all that experienced. I'm sure some are but most of the ones I've talked with actually know very little about RV repair.

I don't think I've ever taken an RV back to the dealer for any repair.
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote