Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-14-2013, 04:46 AM   #11

Normally items like this are considered a maintenance problem and not covered by a warranty. Some manufacturer's warranty states that caulking is on only covered for something like 6 months. Hope that Jayco helps you out.
Don

Donr827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #12

Water Damage??!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donr827 View Post
Normally items like this are considered a maintenance problem and not covered by a warranty. Some manufacturer's warranty states that caulking is on only covered for something like 6 months. Hope that Jayco helps you out.
Don
As I've looked around this site and seen other conversations about this topic, I've pretty much lost hope for any coverage. It also puts into question whether I'm cut out to own something like this. If the roof is this fragile after less than 2 years of owning it, and trying to prevent things like this from happening again requires daily inspection with a magnifying glass in hopes of catching it before the damage is done, it's a lost cause. Guess I'll look into lowering my insurance deductable from $1,000 to the lowest I can make it after this is fixed.

Honda EU2000i Generator
5arnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #13

Don't give up easy with the dealer. Stress the regular checks. Maynot do any good but worth a try. Dealer may cut you a break and do the repair at costs.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #14

Thanks for posting this, I will be taking a closer look at my roof on a regular basis. I know my dealer will inspect it for free, I am going to be taking them up on this as well.
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donr827 View Post
Some manufacturer's warranty states that caulking is on only covered for something like 6 months.
I think you're on the money with that suspicion.

To be blunt and honest, after my experience with a water heater that was improperly installed during production and Jayco warranty's hard line attitude, I think you are going to be left holding the bill for the repairs. I hope I'm wrong for your sake, but in my case I was unable to get them to take any responsibility for collateral expenses resulting from something that was clearly their fault.

Based on my experience, they might say "we'll re-caulk the roof, but all the water damage repair is on your dime."

2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5 FBDS w/ 15,000 BTU AC, 50 amp service, upgraded counter top, thermal pane windows, elec. stab jacks, outside grill, backup camera and MORryde pin box.
2011 GMC 2500HD DURAMAX/ ALLISON
Tail_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #16

Water Damage??!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackeer View Post
Good Luck....but I have a feeling it will be a losing battle.....keep us posted.
I received a call from the Jayco dealer service department today. Although I didn't notice it in my inspection of where the seam split occurred, on the roof, screws apparently broke off causing the seam to split.

The entire front of my TT will be replaced under warranty. What a nice way to start the weekend.

I will try to get a better idea of what specific screws, and why they might have broken off.

Will keep you informed.
Honda EU2000i Generator
5arnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #17

That is great news -- and sounds like a really good dealer willing to spend the time to find the root cause and not just take the easy way out that is seems most dealers are all to quick to do.
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #18

Awesome! Glad for you....

Kudos to Jayco for standing behind workmanship...

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5arnolds View Post
I received a call from the Jayco dealer service department today. Although I didn't notice it in my inspection of where the seam split occurred, on the roof, screws apparently broke off causing the seam to split.

The entire front of my TT will be replaced under warranty. What a nice way to start the weekend.

I will try to get a better idea of what specific screws, and why they might have broken off.

Will keep you informed.
That is awesome! Glad to hear that something went right with the issue! Once again, keep us posted..
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #20

Go and buy a lottery ticket, it's your lucky day. I'm pretty sure that 9 of 10 dealers would have just stonewalled this and put it back on you. In my case, the top strip on the front [with awning] and rear of the trailer were installed without pulling the paper backing from the caulking strip. Clear manufacturer's error, but I was out of warrantee so it was all on me.

You're result was a WIN for all of us who haven't been so lucky. Really happy for you. Enjoy the repaired TT.

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote