Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2015, 06:44 PM   #1

water filter blew apart

I have had 2 camco water filters blow apart. Pressure regulator on faucet hot weather both times water filter blew the top off.could hot weather be that bad to blow them any recomendations
touchettr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:09 PM   #2
Site Team

If your weather is like ours here in Florida, I could see this happening. The pressure regulator limits the water pressure going into the hose and there is a valve in it that keeps water from going back into the faucet. So if no one uses any water in the TT, the water is trapped in the hose with no where to go. The sun will really heat up the water in the hose and will create some high pressure, not to mention very hot water. You may want to try relocating the pressure regulator to between the water filter and the hose. The hose can take a little more pressure.

After seeing a motor home with water running down the stairs and coming out of the storage areas, when we leave the TT for trips to town or sight seeing, we always turn off the water and I open the "Y" at the faucet to lower the water pressure in the hose.

We are constantly going though hoses in the back yard here in Florida. This year we have been turning off the water at the faucet and no massive water leaks this year... so far.

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:18 PM   #3

Lucky we were around and saw the water. After this happened I also turn it off when I leave. I will reposition my regulator
Old 11-11-2015, 08:56 PM   #4

water filter blew apart

We use Camco (blue cylinder) water filters and haven't had any issues. We've only camped in really hot weather twice though. I use two a year. Give us some background on the filters. How many times were they used? How were the stored? How long of a time period had you used them (weeks, months, years)?
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 07:27 AM   #5

1st used only twice and the 2nd used once-both came in a package deal from wally world= thought it could be a manufacturing problem but will do recommendations from fellow rvers
Old 11-12-2015, 09:51 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchettr View Post
I have had 2 camco water filters blow apart. Pressure regulator on faucet hot weather both times water filter blew the top off.could hot weather be that bad to blow them any recomendations
I would think the water heater would create more pressure than exposure to sunlight. Were you in the same CG when the filters failed? Are you sure your pressure regulator is working?

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:24 PM   #7

After 1st filter blew put in new pressure regulator and repositined regulator.I had up till then no problems with water filters as the old one had been in for 3 months with no problems.