Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #41

Hi All, This thread is old but I thought I would share our solution. We have an Eagle 304BHK with I believe a similar situation. Water was coming out of the shower and we had to place towels around the area just to be sure to clean it up. Through the folks on another forum we are part of we discovered a mod to enclose the shower area. Here is a link to the site where we were able to purchase it. http://www.praxisgroupllc.com/ShowerDoors.html If you choose to look at this option we used the enclosure that is in the second row on the left. It was not too expensive, I want to say upper hundred or maybe two tops. The folks there were outstanding to work with and eager to help out. We took careful measurements and they helped us order the size that would work in the camper.

Installing it was relatively easy. Using the old adage measure twice and cut once we were able to get the pieces installed quickly. I would say it was a couple of hours and a few beers but all in all a fun father son bonding experience. Yes, he's over 21

Here are some pics of the final product installed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1624.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	9316Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1623.jpg
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	9317Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1622.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	9318Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1620.jpg
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	9319Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1619.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	9320Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1618.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	9321

Greg
2011 Jayco Eagle 304BHK
2006 Jayco Select 12HW Pop Up
2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax/Allison, L5P
DelawareEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaeyeo121003 View Post
Right now we are living in our trailer due to delayed closings on the houses. I have been contemplating the water issue from the tub since we first used it. I have been using a towel. I am going to try the quarter round mod tomorrow. I will keep all of you apprised.
My project for today as well. Going camping tomorrow and am also tired of the towel.
2002 Hybrid Dog Josie (The White Queen)
order191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #43

Well we have a 2013 Eagle 314BDS, this was our first week away with it. We also had the water coming out of the showe problem. It seema to be coming from the bottm edge of the shower where the shower surround and the tub meet, in the track down there. First I releveled the camper and that helped it stopped , but the weight of the slides makes the 314 settle a bit it seems. Especially after a good soaking rain. Trailer goes off level slightly water on floor again. Lowerd the front of camper just alittle that worked. Got little water when my son took shower kept wash cloth in corner of tub. Going to look into something to stop it however, like those plastic corners or alittle more silicone. Just dont wanna make it look like crap.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #44

Just last night I installed the corner guards, after applying a good bit of clear caulking in the corners and about 1 inch along the seam where the tub and shower surround meet. The corner guards came with an adhesive tape to stick them in place, but I also ran a bead of caulk along the edges for good measure. They have clips to hold the shower curtain as well. I am confident that this will solve the water leak issue I had since it was dribbling down both corners only. If I still have issues then I will also install the quarter round, but I doubt I will need to.

Thanks everyone for the ideas!
SkyBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #45

I purchased some of the plastic splash guards. I went to install and noticed if I set them up square to the tub it is crooked on the surround. The surround also has a good bit of give. Those that installed the guards, did you square them up with the tub, and did you push the surround in to the wall before sticking the tub tape? I think I am going to use a combo of the splash guards and caulking.
jenoble99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #46

Water from Shower!

I have a bathroom just like the pics in Shaners. Mine is a 29bhs. I was installing a quickie flush and dropped my underbelly in the rear and replace my rear outdoor shower. After i dropped the underbelly i noticed the insulation was damp right above the black tank and right below the shower. I was removing some panels and saw under the tub. The catch for the drain in the tub protrudes thru the floor of the trailer right to the top of the the insulation and underbelly. If you are tilted from nose to rear the water can go right to the floor and run back to the 10"x10" cut where tub catch drain is. I will be making sure i make the mod that Shaner made and add some 1/4 round to the floor and caulk that as well. I was using the guards on the corner but had a hard time getting all water blocked.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #47

I have used a 12" loop of ribbon safety pinned to shower curtain that gets looped over faucet during shower use. This keeps the curtain close to faucet to deflect water away from the left corner of the tub.
kuzbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #48

We have the same issue. I plan on getting some door stripping with a strong adhesive and making a dam at 45 degree angles across the top of the tub. Should be doable with about 6 inches or less of material (one for each end of the tub). I'll post pictures once I'm, done.

George
=============================
2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26 RLS TT
2013 Ram 2500 Mega HD Cummins Diesel
gpmilliken is offline   Reply With Quote