Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc616 View Post
BTW the tub surround shold not be sealed up to ensure moisture can evaporate.
I can understand that the shower is designed to allow for ease of assembly at the factory but what would account for the need for moisture evaporation?
mrnoyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoyb View Post
I can understand that the shower is designed to allow for ease of assembly at the factory but what would account for the need for moisture evaporation?
The tub/shower surround are made to be installed quickly during assembly, and snap together with no need for caulking.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #23

From what I have seen the top edge of the tub extends up the wall and behind the tub surround. If condensation forms up on the wall above the tub surround and then drips down behind the tub surround there is an area for it to run out on the bottom of the tub surround.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #24

Shaner,
Do you think if that PCV was sung enough you wouldnt need the glue?
Old 08-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregga View Post
Shaner,
Do you think if that PCV was sung enough you wouldnt need the glue?
i would think that since water always travels the path of least resistance, that without glue it would simply go under the 1/4 round.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #26

I have this problem with my 2012 314BDS. My plan is to use liquid nails to glue a piece of plasic along the top edge of the tub to form a barrier. I will caulk around the edges to make sure it is water tight.

What is happening is the water is running along the uncaulked bottom of the shower wall and just running out. The more "nose up" you are the worse the problem.

With a wall along the outside top edge of the tub wall the water will just either pool or run back into the tub.
pbohart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #27

Put in the splash guards after our first trip, haven't had any problem since.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #28

I too thought it was a leak but realized it was only the shower curtain. I learned how to position it so as not to have any leaks on the floor....but with the grandkids, I just found it easier to just lay a good absorbent towel at the base of the tub.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #29

I plan on trying to place some velcro on the edges of both outside edges of the shower curtain, and then some pieces on the wall. I figure that if I do this at least the back one will stay secure to the wall. Thats where I notice most of the water. I an also going to get some vinyl stripping that some one mentioned and place that along the front edge of the tub wrapping around about 1/3 the way along the short sides.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #30

I also use velcro to hold the back portion of my shower curtain to the shower wall.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #31

We had the same problem on Jay Feather LGT 31V. We got tired of it and had a shower enclosure installed. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01268.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	5034
turkey2731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #32

Has anyone had any problems with water penatrating the curtain? I was out the other weekend and had water on the floor. Upon inspection of the area I looked at the curtain and the outside of the curtain was wet. This was on the entire curtain not just the bottom area by the tub. I have installed the cornner gaurds but I think I am now going to have to try the plastic molding.
Reichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #33

Just an update on my situation.

I followed the same method that Shaner did on page 2 of this thread. I bought 1/2 inch vinyl quarter round from Home Depot. I used Liquid Nails Tub and Shower Surround Adhesive to secure the quarter round to the edge of the tub. I then used a sink and shower caulk to seal off the edges.

I took a shower the next day and purposefully tried to get as much water splashing onto teh curtain and the walls of the tub.

Dry and a bone.

Plus - it looks OEM.

I would post a pictures but it looks EXACTLY like the picture of Shaner's solution on page 2.

Thanks Shaner!!
pbohart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #34

I also installed the two end triangular splash guards and make sure the shower curtain is hooked into the included clamps and i get no water whatsoever.....
Old 09-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #35

I had water leaking on the floor in my 19RD. I discovered the fitting at the faucet for the shower hose was loose. the water was draining back behind the faucet on coming out on the floor. I tightened up the fitting and no more problems.
Curt class V hitch
Reese trunion WD with dual cam
AC6CV/7 ex-W8RUR since 1954

Wyotraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #36

Same problem here in Eagle HT 23.5 and found out (from experience this summer) it happens when RV not levelled. The water puddles ans runs between the shower/bath wall and the tub and finds it's way down the floor if that's the angle I'm parked in. Lesson learned: being leveled is not good just for the fridge but it also keep the w
Shower water in the tub and off the floor. Haven't fixed it yet, but I think I'm going to keep it simple and use a heavy bead of caulking.

Brigitte
https://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #37

I had this exact problem with my 28bhs and so I also ordered those corner pieces from Bad Bath Beyond, but for me it was a waste of money as they didnt work well.

However, someone else on here recommended that I simply keep the front of the trailer slightly higher than the rear--- and Voila! problem solved; we have never had another drop of water on the floor since.

So, since the floorplan of the original poster on this thread (314BDS) has the tub facing the opposite direction than the 28bhs, you will want to keep the front of the trailer just slightly lower than the back and I guarantee you wont have water running out onto the floor. And it doesnt take much either (nearly undetectable), just slightly off level, so the tub is tilted away from the floor and towards the back wall of the shower.

Try that before you spend a bunch of cash on the other fixes!

Cheers
Old 08-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaner View Post
I took my Uncle's advice to correct the same problem. ... Bought a 4' length of 1" quarter round pvc, cut it to fit snug from front of shower to back of shower, got some GE waterproof/sun/freeze proof/air-tight clear silicone glue and attached it to the top/outer-side of the tub. (With the rounded part facing the toilet and door obviously) ... haven't had a drop since. And it takes up a whole lot less space than those pre-fashioned/self adhesive corner splash guards. I don't know about your TT, but I can't lose any free space in my bathroom. It cost me $6 for the glue and the pvc quarter round (which actually matches the color of the tub and looks like it came out of the factory that way). Hope that helps. Good luck.
I saw this last year but I recently had this problem and thought I'd revisit it. My tub runs lengthwise, and the site I was on didn't allow me to get it quite level with what I had with me. Put a towel on the floor but I'd like a better solution. I can get 3/4" quarter round and 1/4" flat 1 inch trim at Lowe's. If you just use the quarter round up against the trim, do you caulk it so water doesn't run under the trim. If you use the 1/4" I guess you need the cut back the trim a little to fit it. Then maybe glue the quarter round on top? Anyone try this in the last year?
2002 Hybrid Dog Josie (The White Queen)
order191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #39

I have also had this problem, but I find tipping the trailer (in my case) toward the rear of the TT keeps most of the water dripping back into the tub rather than out of the tub. I have also been looking at shower door options and I am thinking for space wise this door: www.newlinebathroom.com

I also was looking at the pleated, but seems thyose may be hard to clean or the tri-fold glass door, but I don't want the door to take up too much space as will still have a child that takes a bath.

Has anyone used the SHUB from Neline bathrooms? If so, can you tell me what you think.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #40

Right now we are living in our trailer due to delayed closings on the houses. I have been contemplating the water issue from the tub since we first used it. I have been using a towel. I am going to try the quarter round mod tomorrow. I will keep all of you apprised.
Two 24" 1080p led tv's
Prodigy p3 brake controller
Equalizer WDH
2 eu2000i Honda's ( one companion )
All lights converted to LEDs
oaeyeo121003 is offline   Reply With Quote