Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2024, 10:33 PM   #1

Water heater replacement

I have a 2016 eagle. Water heater needs replacement. Mine leaks. It has a Atwood gc6aa -10e or 96160. Atwood no longer makes. Bought out by suburban but they don't offer a replacement. Any idea where I can purchase one?
Brian Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 10:58 AM   #2

I’m thinking pretty much any 6 gallon RV will replace any other 6 gallon RV water heater. But you may have to get new door and do some modifications inside.
Or go tankless.
Kevin Cooper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 04:19 PM   #3

Thanks Kevin, it's in a very small area under a closet. I have 6 gallon a neighbor gave me but it doesn't fit and the wiring is very different. I have four wires and this one has 6?
Old 06-14-2024, 04:30 PM   #4

If you watch a water heater video by “HillbillyRV” on YouTube, tell him Kevin sent you and give him the old model number of your heater and ask Kenny what you should buy.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:15 PM   #5

Thanks again Kevin. What is so nerve racking is that I have called Jayco customer service,they don't have an answer. I then called Domestic they don't have a answer and I called Suburban and they didn't help me. They told me to call camping world in San Martin. Service department couldn't me even after giving her the old Atwood part number she could not find water heater that would fit but told me their top service/parts guy was at lunch and investigate and call me back. Never got a call back!!. I haven't reached out to hillbilly yet I'm just kind of discouraged. So what is Jayco replacing these discontinued water heaters with! It's there trailer for God's sake. I have a 2004 newmar Dutch Star and a phone call away and they can fix, order and give you updates on all parts and replacement for this RV.. they are really amazing. I guess you get what you pay for... sorry for rambling on...
Old 06-18-2024, 03:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Morton View Post
Thanks again Kevin. What is so nerve racking is that I have called Jayco customer service,they don't have an answer. I then called Domestic they don't have a answer and I called Suburban and they didn't help me. They told me to call camping world in San Martin. Service department couldn't me even after giving her the old Atwood part number she could not find water heater that would fit but told me their top service/parts guy was at lunch and investigate and call me back. Never got a call back!!. I haven't reached out to hillbilly yet I'm just kind of discouraged. So what is Jayco replacing these discontinued water heaters with! It's there trailer for God's sake. I have a 2004 newmar Dutch Star and a phone call away and they can fix, order and give you updates on all parts and replacement for this RV.. they are really amazing. I guess you get what you pay for... sorry for rambling on...
Kenny is expecting your comment on a video. Give him a try.