Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2024, 03:34 PM   #1

Water heater temp issues

Our Suburban ST 60 tankless heater is throwing an E1 and E6 error. Before I turn on the hot water, the controller temp says it is 170 degrees F. After the hot water is turned on, the controller shows it has flow and the burner ignites. The temperature rises from 170 to almost 185 before it errored out.
The water coming out of the faucet is cold. I removed the 50 psi regulator and ran it straight off the faucet. The PSI is 75.
I know it is still under warranty, but Jayco has not approved repairs to our furnace. It has been in Camping World of Reno's shop since November.
Jedicats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 03:59 PM   #2
Site Team

I would have to be confirming that Jayco even has a record of the claim. I would not imagine that the furnace problem would take that long to resolve.

I would be escalating both of these situations.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 04:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I would have to be confirming that Jayco even has a record of the claim. I would not imagine that the furnace problem would take that long to resolve.

I would be escalating both of these situations.
I did contact Jayco by phone. They were closed so I sent an email. I'm going to call again tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2024, 08:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedicats View Post
Our Suburban ST 60 tankless heater is throwing an E1 and E6 error. Before I turn on the hot water, the controller temp says it is 170 degrees F. After the hot water is turned on, the controller shows it has flow and the burner ignites. The temperature rises from 170 to almost 185 before it errored out.
The water coming out of the faucet is cold. I removed the 50 psi regulator and ran it straight off the faucet. The PSI is 75.
I know it is still under warranty, but Jayco has not approved repairs to our furnace. It has been in Camping World of Reno's shop since November.
I’ve never seen a water heater of any kind that would go up to 170-180F. Ever. Sounds like the thermal sensor is (pardon the expession) hosed.
Kevin Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 04:26 PM   #5

I had an issue with mine overheating and found that the sensor was not seated on the back of the tank. I removed the foam cover where the sensor plugs in, behind the exterior water heater access, connected the sensor to the tank and haven’t had anymore problems with it. The repair was surprisingly easy with help from YouTube. My advice is to consult YouTube when you have a problem and fix it yourself. The dealers keep your camper for ever when you take it to them for repairs.
Ourfeather20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedicats View Post
There are some serious red-flag's for me in this post. If your rig has been at CW since November is the first. I had some horrendous experiences with CW n warranty items and won't leave it overnight at any CW location since that happened. You need to put your own eyes on your rig and verify that it is indeed still there, if it is , what shape it is in (destroyed, lived in, winterized / not & damaged) A water heater is a relatively small appliance to deal with for CW, but there is something else to understand why your rig is still sitting there.

They could have already sold your rig as an abandoned property without you knowing.

No - I am not paranoid... all these are things I have witnessed personally at CW over the years...
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 01:03 PM   #7

I request a mobile tech come out and diagnose it. I saw.the backlog of trailers on Camping World of Reno's lot. Not going to add ours to it.

Tags
camping world, suburban, water heater