Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2019, 05:34 PM   #1

Water Leak 2019 28BHS

Went camping this week and somehow in 2 days the wife and I were able to go through 80 gallons of fresh water. We've camped before 6 days at a time and never went through all the fresh water. Today I filled the tanks and had water coming out in the kitchen. Took the electronic control center out and found water puddled up down there. Looked everywhere I couldn't find where it was coming from but did find what looks to be the vent line that connects to the fresh water port disconnected like it just fell off. Not sure if that's a vent line or an over fill line. If it's an overfill line that explains the water every where. Back to the dealer it goes.
Attached Thumbnails
leak_01.jpg   leak_02.jpg   leak_03.jpg   leak_04.jpg  
Old 07-15-2019, 06:42 PM   #2

I have a 2017 27BHS and I’ve found water leaking from my outdoor sink connection when pushed in. My connections were straight down which would get kinked. The trailer was nose down and seemed to be leaking from the kitchen. I swapped them for 90 degree fittings which seemed to help. Good luck.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:47 PM   #3
Site Team

That is a vent from the fresh water tank. It clamps to the small port on the water fill. The easiest way to fix it, is take off the three screws on the water fill on the outside, and pull it off the side of the TT, then pull the vent hose out the same hole, re-clamp it, add some more butyl if necessary, and reattach it back on the side. I just replaced the fill on ours, as the cap lanyard broke off. I think it took 15 minutes.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:02 PM   #4

I removed my outdoor kitchen a while back and it's not near the indoor kitchen, so that wouldn't be causing the leak inside. Thanks for the info though.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
That is a vent from the fresh water tank. It clamps to the small port on the water fill. The easiest way to fix it, is take off the three screws on the water fill on the outside, and pull it off the side of the TT, then pull the vent hose out the same hole, re-clamp it, add some more butyl if necessary, and reattach it back on the side. I just replaced the fill on ours, as the cap lanyard broke off. I think it took 15 minutes.
It's still under warranty so the dealership will be fixing it. Thanks for the input though. I'm guessing it wouldn't be where my leak would be coming from then right since it's the vent?
PhillyPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan View Post
It's still under warranty so the dealership will be fixing it. Thanks for the input though. I'm guessing it wouldn't be where my leak would be coming from then right since it's the vent?
Sometimes its just easier to fix it yourself. Actually it's' half the fun, just getting to learn all the systems so your ready IF something happens when your in the boonies. Plus, you know it is fixed correctly if you do it yourself. I carry some pex, pex fittings and the crimp tool, needed it once in the middle of no where. Was able to repair a small leak and get back to enjoying life. I also always add shut off's whenever I do any work on the plumbing system where they are needed. May want to just carry some sharkbite caps etc... then no crimp tool is needed.

Good Luck and happy camping.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
Sometimes its just easier to fix it yourself. Actually it's' half the fun, just getting to learn all the systems so your ready IF something happens when your in the boonies. Plus, you know it is fixed correctly if you do it yourself. I carry some pex, pex fittings and the crimp tool, needed it once in the middle of no where. Was able to repair a small leak and get back to enjoying life. I also always add shut off's whenever I do any work on the plumbing system where they are needed. May want to just carry some sharkbite caps etc... then no crimp tool is needed.

Good Luck and happy camping.
Yeah I just picked up some PEX tools and fittings a couple months back when I removed the outdoor kitchen. Had to redo some plumbing and water heater water lines.
PhillyPhan is offline   Reply With Quote