Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #1

water leak

Hi all
Just got a 2011 33RLDS this summer - love it, but seems to have a leak - 2 times now when the grey tank is almost full, a small amount of water appears on the floor near the bathroom door molding out into the hallway - this setup has the kitchen and bathroom right in the middle - no water in backing up in the shower though....seems to be something in the wall between the kit and bathroom - any thoughts? Concerned about the floor and insulation ;-(
PennState1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #2

Is that where your vent pipe for the grey tank extends to the roof? It sounds like it might have come separated at a joint? Since you are under warranty - take it back and let them work on it - it is not normal.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #3

It seems like most 330rlts have a leak somewhere. My 330rlts leaked at the black tank flush system in the under belly.
Reese straight line dual cam
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
:Flag:
bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #4

well - spent the afternoon trying to figure it out- only thing I could find is a small leak at an elbow joint near the hot water heater.....not sure how to fix...the clamp is tiny..any advice? The laminated wood underneath looks like it has bubbled ...but oddly on that shelf beneath the sink there are other bubbles not near that elbow??? by bubble I mean irregular shaped raised area about 1/16th of an inch..water must have seeped through the laminate...Think that yesterday was using alot of hot water with two showers and dishes in a short time span....must have leaked off the shelf onto the floor and into the bathroom doorway....I will call the dealer...

Probably should know but what is the plastic tube attached to the water pump - think it must be an overflow valve of some sort....always has condensation in it - odd to me that it is just laying on the floor....if it was ever activated, water would go all over...??

As I was finishing up pure frustration Went to empty the grey water - which in this case, was clean as I had been running it to diagnose the problem (We're parked on the street). Opened the cap and some residual black came out We just dumped yesterday and followed the proper procedure...black then grey and even rinsed the black before emptying the grey ! Valve to the black was closed....Do I have another problem?
Old 09-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
well - spent the afternoon trying to figure it out- only thing I could find is a small leak at an elbow joint near the hot water heater.....not sure how to fix...the clamp is tiny..any advice? The laminated wood underneath looks like it has bubbled ...but oddly on that shelf beneath the sink there are other bubbles not near that elbow??? by bubble I mean irregular shaped raised area about 1/16th of an inch..water must have seeped through the laminate...Think that yesterday was using alot of hot water with two showers and dishes in a short time span....must have leaked off the shelf onto the floor and into the bathroom doorway....I will call the dealer...

Probably should know but what is the plastic tube attached to the water pump - think it must be an overflow valve of some sort....always has condensation in it - odd to me that it is just laying on the floor....if it was ever activated, water would go all over...??

As I was finishing up pure frustration Went to empty the grey water - which in this case, was clean as I had been running it to diagnose the problem (We're parked on the street). Opened the cap and some residual black came out We just dumped yesterday and followed the proper procedure...black then grey and even rinsed the black before emptying the grey ! Valve to the black was closed....Do I have another problem?
The wood shelf is pressed wood & it will bubble (or seperate) when water lays on it for a period of time. I had a leak under the sink & the shelf bubbled also. When it dried out the bubble has gone down in size.
There should be a valve on the plastic hose. Make sure the valve is closed. The hose is used to put RV anti freeze in to the water lines during winter storage.
Your dealer should be able to repair your trailer. (it took my dealer 3 times before the leak was repaired correctley). The money we paid for our trailers we shouldn't any problems.
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
Old 09-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #6

Thanks so much!
Any thoughts on the black water issue...
That one has me more perplexed....
Old 09-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #7

May be the black water valve isn't shutting all the way.
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
Old 09-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #8

well - guess I'll call the dealer and see what happens....