Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #1

Water Leak Brand New 26 RLS

We picked up our unit from the dealer end of April 2013 and parked it at our seasonal site. When we picked it up we noticed some moisture on the bedroom floor near the exit door and on top of the right side night table/cabinet. We put it down to condensation from winter storage. When we went to the trailer yesterday we noticed the same thing, We had a severe rainfall this past week. It is obvious we have a leak somewhere in the right front quadrant of the trailer. Any suggestions as to where to start looking for the source? Thanks.

baltimorebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #2

The first place I would look is the gutters along the roof line. If there is any obstruction water will flow directly down the side of the unit into the first opening it can find. I had a similar problem and the water was entering through a door that allowed access to the back of the shower. Our unit is a 328 RLS. The next place I would look is the weep holes in the windows. At the bottom of the windows there are slots that allow rain water to exit the window. They also need to be completely clear. Good luck. It took us a few rain storms before we were able to isolate our leak.

MrNiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #3

Thanks Silverado for your advice, we're heading to the trailer in the morning and that will be the first things I'll check out.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:03 AM   #4

If it is brand new, the first place I would start would be the dealer!
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #5

That's a different story krackeer, I'm in the middle of "discussions" with the dealer and it's not going well.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
The front roof seam where the rubber meets the siding on the front, clearance lights, front left/right aluminum corner trim and any doors/windows.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltimorebear View Post
That's a different story krackeer, I'm in the middle of "discussions" with the dealer and it's not going well.
Why are some dealers so difficult to deal with with it comes to repairs that fall under warranty? Seem like I see these types of threads/comments alot when trying to get an issue resolved. Hope things work out for you and get EVERYTHING documented on paper with the dealer/Jayco about your issue incase it comes back down the road.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

They should be able to rain test it at the dealer.

You can also use the sprinkle to make it rain if your troubleshooting at home.

Good luck with everything.

Doug

Southwest, Ohio
2016 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2017 Jayco 24RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Quote:
Originally Posted by exjay1 View Post
Why are some dealers so difficult to deal with with it comes to repairs that fall under warranty? Seem like I see these types of threads/comments alot when trying to get an issue resolved. Hope things work out for you and get EVERYTHING documented on paper with the dealer/Jayco about your issue incase it comes back down the road.
Your response is why buying "locally only" doesn't hold water with me. I've had better service from a dealer in Michigan (Terrytown) then the local yahoo's. Another option is a local independent repair facility; I have pre-authorized warranty work and had good success with the quality of repair. Jayco sent me some trim pieces and I installed them myself.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #10

Turns out there is only a 90 day warranty on caulking and sealing from Jayco. We bought our unit last fall and didn't pick it up until April 30 2013. I had it written in our sales agreement that the warranty didn't kick in until the pick up date, however the dealer didn't upgrade his warranty date on his records and hence the "discussion". It would appear that part of the problem has been resolved and we are still under the limited 90 day warranty. I will now try to deal with a Jayco dealer closer to where the trailer is, hopefully we can get it fixed and back to enjoying our trailer. I'm not an expert but I got up on the roof and it looks like the caulking between the roof edge and the wall edge is pulled back/peeled in 3-4 areas where the leaking has taken place.