Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2021, 08:58 PM   #1

Water leak trapped in subfloor discoverd

Hello,
I have a 2014 Jayco 165rb bought new in 2015 and just discovered a major water leak after stepping through subfloor at the entry way. The water is coming from my shower/tub plumbing and getting trapped between subfloor and underbelly liner.
No way to prove it, but we never used the shower until covid last year and I think that’s when our problems started since no mold found yet, but lots of saturated insulation and soaked floor framing lumber.
My question is has anyone received resolution from Jayco with a trailer this old?

Thanks in advance for any advice on the situation.
JB
2014 Jayco 165RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:30 AM   #2

I hate to tell you this, but you are going to have a rough path going that route. They barely cover stuff like this even after a year out. May want to talk to insurance. I flooded my underbelly and they totaled it. You will never get all the insulation dry, unless it is isolated to a small area.
chrismoore701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:46 PM   #3

Thanks Chris, I called Jayco, they said I had a full 2 year warranty and would do nothing. I understood, but still thought I might catch someone on a good day.

Called insurance agent and he was checking to see if it was covered, but I don't think I have enough damage to warrant a claim. I cut all the under belly out from under and removed insulation, but most moisture was contained to the back of trailer near corners and near black/grey tanks.

Going to let it dry out for several days fix leak and hope the moisture between frame and floor runners will evaporate/dry out. Then cover under belly with insulation and coroplast.

Joey B.
2014 Jayco 165rb
2014 Jeep Cherokee 3.2v6 w/tow pkg
2014 Jayco 165RB is offline   Reply With Quote