Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2016, 10:12 AM   #11

Sounds like the shower drain connection is leaking. I've heard of folks having a problem with that particular connection and it very well may be worse when someone is actually in the shower causing the shower floor to flex.

Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:26 PM   #12

It's a 265RLSW. I decided to go ahead and use the shower last night to test. Still no drip or water from the shower P trap that I could find. I've installed and fiixed more than a few P traps in my house and know they can be prone to leak if not aligned right or tight. This one seems fine. No drips. The water could be coming from a long way away and just finding this spot as the lowest collection area. Like a leak in your roof - it may we far away from the puddle in your attic. Dropped it off at the dealer service center today so they can work on the leak, the water heater, the furnace AND another leak I noticed on the bedside table top after driving it there in a very heavy rain. They have a long list to work on...

suzhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:47 AM   #13

Picked up my trailer from the service shop/dealer this week. Pulled it directly to the storage lot so have not had a chance to try it out yet. They ended up replacing the temp switch in the water heater and found the power wire not connected on the furnace. Main problem - water leaking under the trailer, was fixed by replacing the water lines under the floor. Repair note says "found water line under floor runs over top of grey tank, removed grey tank to replace water line. They used a lot of 1/2" tubing so hope they got it. Going to take another nearby trip to test out before we make along haul.

Lesson learned - if you can fix it yourself and not impact your warranty, do it. It took a month to get it fixed and it's not like taking a drill back to Lowe's, it's a hassle and a 45 minute drive. I enjoy fixing things so looks like I will have something to do.

suzhou is offline   Reply With Quote