Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-30-2020, 01:12 PM   #1

Water leaking. Refrigerator?

After we'd driven about 80 miles from our campsite we noticed water dripping from a spot on the back left underside of our 212QBW. We suspect it was from the refrigerator which had been running for a few days and had been shut off before we headed out. It is closer to the middle of the trailer, but it is on that side. It was definitely just water; no odour. However, even after 400 miles it was still dripping when we parked the trailer.
FionaGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 01:20 PM   #2

My fridge has a drain hose that goes to a drip tray. Some have routed that hose out the vent to the outside. If you open your vent you should see a similar setup. Check to see if the tray is full or if the drain hose s not routed properly.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 05:36 AM   #3

My hose got plugged up. Open the fridge and look in the back. Mine had a little tray that collected the water and it drained out a tube that goes out the access panel on the outside of the trailer. If I recall I had my wife watch the inside and I blew in the hose from the outside and it cleared it out. Check that out. easy fix
chrismoore701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 03:00 PM   #4

I'm guessing the water draining is from that tube as the water is coming down near that access panel
Old 10-05-2020, 11:27 AM   #5

rout that drain hose outside of the camper through the access panel.
ggilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:30 AM   #6

I really don't think it is the fridge now. I went out to our storage spot and the fridge is bone dry. If it had melted frost there would have been evidence.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:35 AM   #7

look at the vent on top of your roof for damage over the refrigerator. regardless i would move the drain outside the camper. salesman on one lot said if you don't move that drain hose outside you can come back in 2 or 3 years and get the rotten floor under the refrigerator replaced.
ggilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:28 PM   #8

We have the same TT and discovered water leaking from the outside edge, right behind the rear wheel. Tracked it to the water pump at the bottom of the pantry. We were on city water, but the back pressure back into the pump was enough to leak from the pump housing. And that was with a pressure regulator. There is a check valve in the pump but the seal can go bad, I guess, causing a leak. I am putting a quarter-turn on-off valve on the hose coming out of the pump that connects into the distribution line. Just leave it closed until the rare time I use the pump. Eventually I’ll replace the pump. Hope that helps.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote