Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-17-2021, 09:14 PM   #1

Water on floor?

I have a 2018 Jayco Eagle travel trailer and after heavy rains I have a small puddle on the floor between my bedroom(up front) and the bathroom right next to the bedroom. The floor under the window where it meets the wall is wet but the wall doesn’t seem wet. Should there be weep holes on the window? It is the emergency exit window and doesn’t have weep holes. Any ideas?
Allencamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 04:05 AM   #2

I just posted about this on another thread. Here is my suggestion and hopefully what fixes the problem. We had a similar problem and quickly alleviated it after I resealed our entire new unit (roof, seams, windows, storage doors, etc).

If you have a Lippert Entry door do the following:

Remove your screen door. From inside the unit turn off all lights and close the main door during the daytime. You will see massive amounts of daylight coming in around the 3 hinges. When Lippert installed the hinges they installed it OVER the weatherstripping, crushing the weatherstripping flat and it cannot seal agains the door frame. I went to Lowe and bought $9 Marine 5/16" weatherstripping and ran a strip along the hinge side. I did not remove the hinges or factory weatherstripping..just run a strip from the top of the door to the bottom and recheck for daylight.

This SOLVED our water getting in during heavy rains.

Good luck!
Roosevelt008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 06:22 AM   #3

Unhappy

Thank you I will try that. Do you know if the emergency exit windows should have weep holes in them?
Allencamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:46 AM   #4

Just read your post....my trailer has the awning windows...I didn't notice that you mentioned which style you have. I have 15 operable windows and not one has a weep slot in the frame. Three of those are exit windows.

That said: I've been chasing a slightly wet floor in one of the rear compartments for two years. The other day I found the culprit. The wiring for the shore line, tail lights and side markers at the rear were concealed behind some thin plywood 'shields'. I pulled one where the water was most likely entering and then for three days of rain I observed. Finally noticed a few drops of water on two of the side marker wires and a tiny puddle had made it's way onto the floor. I pulled everything that enters the side walls under the bottom plane of the windows and cleaned all surfaces with alcohol, left the sealant in place, used LEXEL to reseal the original sealant and after reinstalling, made the top and sides of each item sealed also with the same stuff. I'll do a quick look after the next round of rain, but I don't expect to see any water this time.

I stopped using silicone for much of anything water related 15-20 years ago.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:22 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Many of the rubbery foams seals on windows and doors fail and leak - replace with Butyl tape.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote