Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2020, 02:54 AM   #1

Water saver

Not at my RV though wondering if this would be a good idea or not. If you read the reviews seems there might be a concern on pressure build up due to how much it limits water flow. Plus I do not know if connections on the faucets in my skylark, with the front bathroom layout, allow this to be screwed on. Seems saving water could be of value at times when camping.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/altered...?skuId=6408183
skylimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:06 AM   #2

Looks like it serves the same function as only turning the water on part way? I doubt it would have an issue with pressure. The entire system is pressurized to a certain psi whether the faucet is on or not. Restricting the flow won't increase the system pressure. It may be ok on city water hookup but I'm guessing if you run off the pump it would cycle like crazy. That would drive me nuts. Our biggest water use is teens taking a shower. If it weren't for that I could go a week or more on 30 gallons.
Adios Pantelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:00 AM   #3

Install an Oxygenics shower head, take submarine showers, and fill 2 bins(one hot soapy for wash and one cold clean to rinse) for dishes.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlackDak View Post
Install an Oxygenics shower head, take submarine showers, and fill 2 bins(one hot soapy for wash and one cold clean to rinse) for dishes.
Not a problem for me. Spent enough time on a ship to learn how to get wet, soap and rinse in about a qt of water. My girls on the other hand?? And if I'm boondocking I usually go 2-3 days between showers. Usually bathing in a river.
Adios Pantelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adios Pantelones View Post
... if I'm boondocking I usually go 2-3 days between showers. Usually bathing in a river.
and then it is "Adios Pantalones" before you jump in the river? hahaha

I have the Oxygenics and it's great. I just got the smaller head, not the fancy power massage one. The shut off switch doesn't completely turn the water off, so some may not like that, but I don't mind the small stream it lets through - you could almost shower with just that amount of water anyways.
distracto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by distracto View Post
and then it is "Adios Pantalones" before you jump in the river? hahaha

I have the Oxygenics and it's great. I just got the smaller head, not the fancy power massage one. The shut off switch doesn't completely turn the water off, so some may not like that, but I don't mind the small stream it lets through - you could almost shower with just that amount of water anyways.
I have the same head, but changed the shut off to one that completely stops the water. No more hot or cold blasts when turning the water back on! Love it!
2001 Dodge 3500 dually
Xboaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adios Pantelones View Post
Not a problem for me. Spent enough time on a ship to learn how to get wet, soap and rinse in about a qt of water. My girls on the other hand?? And if I'm boondocking I usually go 2-3 days between showers. Usually bathing in a river.

I have a wife and 2 teenage girls(as well as boys 13,11,8). They all know 1 hair wash on a 5-7 day trip, and 2 on an up to 14 day trip. No shaving of anything in the shower(electric razors for the win). I will(and have) cut the water pump off on the girls before. It only takes once or twice before they get the picture.
2x Honda 2K
Old 06-30-2020, 12:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xboaters View Post
I have the same head, but changed the shut off to one that completely stops the water. No more hot or cold blasts when turning the water back on! Love it!

Have a link to that?
2x Honda 2K
Old 07-04-2020, 02:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlackDak View Post
Have a link to that?
No link, I went to the local hardware store.
2001 Dodge 3500 dually
Xboaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 02:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xboaters View Post
Our Oxygenics head has followed us thru 2 units over about a 9 year span. Our model predates the shutoff and I quickly added one that I bought in one of the big box stores. I find if I shut the water off completely during a shower there’s a hot-only blast on turning it back on. Leaving a little flow thru the valve prevents this.
I’ve read of some folks solving the problem by installing a back-flow preventer on the cold side line to the shower (I think it’s cold side). I figure there’s some thermal siphoning going on that causes it but I’ve read other explanations.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote