Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2021, 09:47 AM   #1

Water Tank

Hello All, I have a 2021 34RSBS JAYFLIGHT.
My wife and I are seasonal campers hooked up to the city water connection. We have had this camper for 3 months now. This past weekend we had a large puddle of water on the bathroom floor. I determined it was coming from the RV Antifreeze line located near the pump. I noticed this in-line valve that is designed to take antifreeze from the jug during winterization was left open apparently from the factory. Anyway, that is where the water was coming from. However correct me if I am wrong that could only becoming from the water storage tank that I never hooked to and do not use.
That tank was also 2/3’s full when I checked the gauge. Any idea how the water may be getting from city connection to my water storage tank? Thanks.
67MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 09:54 AM   #2

No, that line is connected to the pump so apparently you have a bit of debris in the pump check valve. That is also letting water leak into your tank. Run the pump for a few minutes and see if it clears up. Not an unusual occurrence.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:06 PM   #3

^ What Grumpy said. One other thought: If this is a new camper, is it possible the dealer partially filled the FW tank before you got it? Did they run the pump/faucets during the PDI?
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:22 PM   #4

I did run the pump a few times before we left today. The other thing that struck me as odd was that after I closed the anti-freeze valve it started leaking out of the low point drains. Those drains were open and apparently have been since we received the camper 3 months ago, but this was the first time water ever has ever leaked from there. So aren’t the low point drains connected to ALL of the plumbing? So they should have been leaking all along? Thanks for the suggestions!!
Old 08-01-2021, 06:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67MarkJ View Post
I did run the pump a few times before we left today. The other thing that struck me as odd was that after I closed the anti-freeze valve it started leaking out of the low point drains. Those drains were open and apparently have been since we received the camper 3 months ago, but this was the first time water ever has ever leaked from there. So aren’t the low point drains connected to ALL of the plumbing? So they should have been leaking all along? Thanks for the suggestions!!
Or are they the water tank overflow? Some tanks have a couple.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:54 AM   #6

I was thinking the same thing about being an overflow. According to the tank level it was at 2/3’s full. I then turned the city water off and ran 12volt pump until empty. Water continued to leak out those 2 low point drains. So I believe they are just that. Low point drains. I can’t actually find the tank to look at it visually and make sure I am not missing a valve or something. I follow the lines back can only assume it is buried in the frame and not visible with out tacking underside apart. Don’t really want to do that. Again thanks for all your help!! Very frustrating. I will be calling my dealer today.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:28 AM   #7

Welcome to JOF! Hope that issue gets resolved quickly for you.

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67MarkJ View Post
IWater continued to leak out those 2 low point drains. So I believe they are just that. Low point drains.
They may not be close tight. If they are the pop-up type with a metal ring on top you may need to open and then close again or even just push down hard.