Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2019, 06:14 AM   #1

Water temperature

I had to replace the shower faucet in my 2013 jayflight 22fb this weekend. After I got it swapped out, I had no hot water at all in my trailer. I researched around and found a maintenance video for the water heater and started to follow along. All went well and when an hour passed there was hot water in the heater, but still not coming through the spigots inside. Apparently, my son had shut off the water supply valves near the faucet. There are 3 valves, 1 hot, 1 cold, and one that has hot and cold together. Since this nightmare of the shower faucet break and replacement, I have only warm water and not hot. Could this issue be from needing to adjust that hot/cold valve? Stay tuned as I figure this out.
Swallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:54 AM   #2

Sounds like all three valves are set to open, which is mixing cold water into the hot water stream. So, how are those three valves set? The two valves going in/out of the tank should be open. The third valve, is called the bypass valve and it should be closed.

If the valve handle in inline with the pipe the valve is open, if crosswise to the pipe the valve is closed.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:46 AM   #3
Site Team

Those valves are commonly called bypass valves for winterizing the water heater. I have never seen them on individual faucets.

They can be a source for trouble when the complaint is lukewarm water.

Maybe a lesson in there for your son!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:55 PM   #4

That absolutely fixed the problem. I sort of figured that was the issue as my some sauce he had shut off all three, but when I looked at it, two were closed and the mixed one open. I, foolishly left it open.
Thank you for your help.
Swallis is offline   Reply With Quote