Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-05-2015, 10:03 AM   #1

We made up our minds

After a few months of going back and forth, we placed the order this morning We are going with the Whitehawk 28BHKS. I kind of wanted to keep it smaller (were really close on the 25BHS), but in the end, the bigger shower and extra room sealed the deal.

I REALLY wish we could have seen one before ordering, but we did look at several other models of Whitehawks and Flights that all had various components (kitchen island, large shower, double double bunks, entry bench, etc) and have a pretty good idea of what we're getting. The other part I'm a bit nervous about was ordering it at a distance. I'll be driving just about 7 hours (to Indiana RV Connection) to save about $4500 over my local dealer's best price - I couldn't pass that savings up. Besides, it gives us our first excuse to use it.

So now, the waiting game begins. Production lead time is 6-8 weeks, which lines up well with (hopefully) when the weather will break. Until then, I've got time to build a few things (grill mount, wheel chocks, stool and ladder for my daughter to climb into the bunks, lots more).
DuckHunterJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:49 AM   #2

Congratulations on your new trailer!

We ordered from the same place ... but it's a longer drive from AZ.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #3

Congratulations. Will RV Connections let you stay a couple days to do a full shakedown?
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray75 View Post
Congratulations. Will RV Connections let you stay a couple days to do a full shakedown?
I didn't ask about staying there, but I have friends and family not far away so it's not an issue for me. And, if there are warranty issues during the PDI, they can clear them up before I head back to AZ.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:00 PM   #5

Jon, glad you went with that one it's a great unit. Like that the MicroWave is not over the stove and about 5" closer to the floor, makes it easer to use. You have 4 drawers next to the stove and many units only have 3. I already told you how I feel about the rest of the unit so I won't go on.
All the best,
Tunce
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray75 View Post
Yes, they have 3 full hook up sites next to their parking lot and encourage at least a night's stay. We're likely going to drive over on Friday, stay over Fri night, then drive back Saturday and Sunday, staying somewhere half way just so we aren't rushed.
DuckHunterJon is offline   Reply With Quote