Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #21

Don, that seems a bit pricey but I guess it is what it is. I realize you are quoting Canadian pricing but wow !!!

Have you checked at Canadian Tire for any of these type of parts ??? Also, I did a web search and found a place in Concord ON
that sells BBQ accessories. Give them a call to see what they may have. Here is the web address http://www.bbqs.com/contact_us.php

Let me know if this works out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigfoot View Post
I to must thank Wolverine for the parts list and I thank you bigbird for looking out for me. I priced out the parts on the site Wolverine posted and they came to about $130 when shipping was added. And that doesn't include any customs add ons should they hit you up for taxes, etc. I'm in london should you ever want to discuss Jaycos, etc. Don

2016 Ford F-350 Lariat Screw 6.7 Stroker
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
Don, that seems a bit pricey but I guess it is what it is. I realize you are quoting Canadian pricing but wow !!!

Have you checked at Canadian Tire for any of these type of parts ??? Also, I did a web search and found a place in Concord ON
that sells BBQ accessories. Give them a call to see what they may have. Here is the web address http://www.bbqs.com/contact_us.php

Let me know if this works out for you.
Thanks again Wolverine. I misspoke above. Checked my shopping cart on the US site....parts came to $83 and shipping to Canada is $36 for a total of $119.....And Canadian/US dollars are at par. I will shop around up here and check out that Concord place now that I know what to ask for.

On Permanent site at Gillies Lake, Bruce Peninsula
LilBigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #23

Hi Wolverine....Have some questions for you. I found all the parts you listed for converting the Weber to a quick release propane hookup. My local Jayco dealer has them. All except the extension hose you mentioned. They do have the one in the attached photo. Can you see it working? Perhaps you could list the order of the parts hookup from the Weber back to the trailer propane supply. One would take the Weber requlator off and if I remember correctly, you're left with a 1/4" threaded male nipple....that's the starting point....next.....next and so on to the trailer quick release. Thanks. Don
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-07 18.50.42.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	6109

Old 01-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #24

Starting from the grill - 1/4 male nipple - attach the quick disconnect fitting to that - all set with the grill.

The hose is all dependant on what you have. My hose came with a male on one end and a female on the other.
I took the male end of the hose and put a 1/4 female coupling on it and then a quick disconnect nipple into that.
The female end of the hose was easy. All I had to do is thread the quick disconnect nipple into the female end.
The goal is to have male quick disconnects on each end of the hose. one goes to the grill, the other goes to the
TT.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigfoot View Post
Hi Wolverine....Have some questions for you. I found all the parts you listed for converting the Weber to a quick release propane hookup. My local Jayco dealer has them. All except the extension hose you mentioned. They do have the one in the attached photo. Can you see it working? Perhaps you could list the order of the parts hookup from the Weber back to the trailer propane supply. One would take the Weber requlator off and if I remember correctly, you're left with a 1/4" threaded male nipple....that's the starting point....next.....next and so on to the trailer quick release. Thanks. Don
Attachment 6109

2016 Ford F-350 Lariat Screw 6.7 Stroker
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #25

These are the 2 items I bought off Amazon for my Weber conversion, worked perfect, very easy:

Hose

Control Valve

On the control valve the only thing used is the quick disconnect, just unscrew it from the valve, attach to the Weber after the regulator has been removed, about $40.00 for the parts
jacko147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko147 View Post
These are the 2 items I bought off Amazon for my Weber conversion, worked perfect, very easy:

Hose

Control Valve

On the control valve the only thing used is the quick disconnect, just unscrew it from the valve, attach to the Weber after the regulator has been removed, about $40.00 for the parts
Thanks for the info jacko. That quick release fitting off the valve would work with the hose I posted a picture of above, basically the same as yours. My dealer has a 1/4" coupling that will attach to the Weber and then accept a male quick release fitting....giving me the same end result. A bit different way of doing what Wolverine suggested.....I do appreciate both of you for helping me out.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #27

Weber "Q" series

I have used the Q100 for the past few years and are well satisfied with it. I did install a selector style regulator to be able to isolate the two LP tanks. Without that, you cant disconnect and use the LP tank. I use a Weber mfg. hose from the tank to the grill and Coleman propane stove to eliminate the small 1 lb cylinders. I have a small Cosco folding table setting in close proximity to the hitch to cook on. Works well, and we do little if any cooking inside the coach. Rubbermaid offers a larger tote that just perfectly stores the grill, keeps odors down and critters out of it.
Jeff61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko147 View Post

Hose

Control Valve

A word of caution. I ordered the control valve mentioned here. When it arrived, I placed the assembly in a vice and used a wrench to try and remove the quick connect which proceeded to snap right off. Probably should of used a bit of heat at the joint. Back to the drawing board.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #29

I have used the Q100 for the last few years without complaint. I installed a change over type regulator on the tanks so that I could use the big cylinder and a Weber extension hose for the grill and a coleman stove. We kind of got away from cooking inside the trailer
Jeff61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #30

Here is a link to a sticky that I wrote for the Keystone Forum on converting the Weber grill to Quick Connect fittings. Actually, it will apply to almost every grill out there wit the exception of Coleman and theyuse proprietary thread sizes on their fittings. There's also a lot of information on parts compatibility which you should read because all QC fittings are not equal. It appears tat a lot of people make this conversion harder than it really needs to be so hopefully this sticky will help some folks.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9739
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote