Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2020, 02:54 PM   #81

Do you know what size the brass male fitting is on the other side of the regulator once it is moved quarter inch NPT?
Hatchet jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:01 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchet jack View Post
Do you know what size the brass male fitting is on the other side of the regulator once it is moved quarter inch NPT?
I. converted a Q 2000 a couple years ago. Here is the link to my thread on the Thor forum. Post 9 contains the parts list.

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...pg-4875-2.html
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 01:15 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitFD View Post
Hey guys-
I have a Weber Q 200 and am wanting to use it w the oem connection under the camper. I read that the ca,per connection is already low pressure so the regulator on the Weber won't allow it to work?

Has anyone got a fix for this?

Thanks!
I took a bit of a different approach to this problem. Instead of using disposable propane cylinders and knowing the connection on my camper is low pressure. I purchased a 5lb propane cylinder and
Weber Adapter Hose for Q-Series & Gas Go-Anywhere Grills 4-Feet Long hose. The 5lb cylinder lasts a lot longer than the disposable ones. I am going on my second season in this tank since I filled it.
Tyree3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 12:42 AM   #84

I removed the regulator from my weber Q 2200. Installed a quick connect with a bushing on the weber. Bought a 24 foot hose And connected to the quick connect under the trailer.
This way depending on which way the wind is blowing and keeping the grill further away from the camper I feel safer. The weber Q 2200 cooks amazingly fast. If it was Easy to post pictures I would post pictures of the connections on the Weber that I modified
Old 10-01-2020, 08:27 PM   #85

Amazon kit - quick and easy. I added a Y connector and use my stove at the same time and both get enough gas

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
jbergsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:41 AM   #86

My Jayco TT came with a cheap grill but I love the bumper mount. It's the type that swings out and the grill sits on 2 posts. That puts it about 18" from the trailer. Anyone got any ideas how to make a good grill work on that mount?
Old 10-09-2020, 10:48 AM   #87

perfect example of different strokes for different folks. I yanked that thing off my bumper and sold the whole 'kit' on craigslist for near what they cost new. Bought a Coleman three burner and a 5 lb propane tank for less money and far less hassle than figuring out hookups, paying crazy RV supplier prices for fixes to making changes etc. The tank was less than the cost of those conversion kits for the Webers, Colemans, and Blackstones that have a regulator already.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 12:10 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckinfuss View Post
perfect example of different strokes for different folks. I yanked that thing off my bumper and sold the whole 'kit' on craigslist for near what they cost new. Bought a Coleman three burner and a 5 lb propane tank for less money and far less hassle than figuring out hookups, paying crazy RV supplier prices for fixes to making changes etc. The tank was less than the cost of those conversion kits for the Webers, Colemans, and Blackstones that have a regulator already.
I converted my Q for less than 15.00 and got the Blackstone fitting for around 12.00 all from Amazon. Hose came with the RV. No tank which costs approx 60.00 at Home Depot or Amazon or buying from specialty stores required.

Enjoy.

Today’s breakfast SD pancakes and bacon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	58515472-0231-45E0-B5AC-310582178D0B.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	64398
Old 10-09-2020, 01:46 PM   #89

Ah, but see, I don't need to be near my trailer to use it. Which is exactly how I like it. We use our Coleman on the back porch at home, at family picnics etc. Like I said, different strokes for different folks......

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:49 AM   #90
Wsw

We tried our capital grill one time. It is on a pull out drawer in our outside kitchen. Just about set our brand new. Used 1 time camper on fire. Got home. Pulled grill out and converted the pull out grill to a drawer with butch block removable top.

Put my fold up propane grill back in camper and plan on keeping fire at least 10 feet away.

Fire bad.
Wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:29 AM   #91

I ordered one of these. I haven't received it yet so I can't confirm that it fits but I'm pretty sure it will work. You unscrew and remove your regulator from your grill and replace it with the included valve assembly. The quick connect hose plugs into your gas outlet. Threads for the valve assembly are pretty much standard. There are different quick connect valves. I'm hoping the included plug fits.

Camco 57638 Quick Connect Conversion Kit
RichCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:31 AM   #92

BTW: shop around for it. Prices vary from $40 to $70 online.
RichCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 08:50 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichCarter View Post
I ordered one of these. I haven't received it yet so I can't confirm that it fits but I'm pretty sure it will work. You unscrew and remove your regulator from your grill and replace it with the included valve assembly. The quick connect hose plugs into your gas outlet. Threads for the valve assembly are pretty much standard. There are different quick connect valves. I'm hoping the included plug fits.

Camco 57638 Quick Connect Conversion Kit
What are you converting that requires a different valve? That valve is not needed if you are converting a Weber Q or a Blackstone.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
Old 06-11-2021, 08:22 AM   #94

This year my Weber Q 1200 does not work well hooked up with the quick connect to the rear quick connect on the camper I wanted up changing the hose to a seven footer and getting a 20 pounder. Not really getting any good flow Out of the rear trailer quick connect.
Old 06-11-2021, 06:39 PM   #95

Quote:
This year my Weber Q 1200 does not work well hooked up with the quick connect to the rear quick connect on the camper I wanted up changing the hose to a seven footer and getting a 20 pounder. Not really getting any good flow Out of the rear trailer quick connect.
Had that problem with my 3yo Jayco changed the quick connect on the trailer. Problem solved. I use a Y connector and use my stove and grill at the same time with no problem
jbergsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:13 PM   #96

Found if I don't cap plug the quick connect when not in use on the trailer t will get plugged with something.
pcmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:29 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmem View Post
Found if I don't cap plug the quick connect when not in use on the trailer t will get plugged with something.
Good catch. I always tell the kids to make sure they put the rubber plug back in when they're done.

And welcome to JOF from SW Michigan. Happy camping!
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:54 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimp View Post
Does removing the regulator on the Weber Q make it unsafe to use the Q hooked straight to a 20# propane tank on the back porch at the house or somewhere else, since in effect, there is no flow regulator ??
Yes, but rather than reinstall the Weber regulator at the Weber control knob, you can make an adapter that looks like the arrangement for your grill at home.

Regulator and hose with built in female quick-connect adapter. https://smile.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Reg...7577368&sr=8-8

You could also build your own, but this is a turnkey solution that makes life very easy when switching from the low-pressure connection at the RV to a "high-pressure" connection at a 20# propane tank.

This makes using the RV's onboard propane a significant convenience when camping, and it enables you to use your pricey Weber grill anywhere else with a free-standing propane tank. Worth the investment.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:17 AM   #99

yes do not use it without a regulator
golfdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:36 AM   #100

Quote:
I possibly think due to the recall on the winn tec model 6020 2 stage auto changeover LP regulator recall. That is why I was receiving a low flow out of my rear quick connect that was hooked up to my weber grill. I use the weber grill without a regulator because the line is already regulated