Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-07-2018, 07:20 PM   #1

Weekend trip-Cold weather?

Wife and I are anxious for another weekend trip in our WH 23mrb. Next weekend overnight lows are in the 25-28 degree lows. Would you suggest against it or it will be okay as long as ? Guess only concern is of course water lines overnight
Thanks for input
Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:17 PM   #2

Weekend trip-Cold weather?

If it only dips below freezing (25-28 degrees) overnight you should be fine. What are they calling for daytime temps?
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:41 AM   #3

42-45 degrees
Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:02 PM   #4

You will be fine, we own the same model. We just came back from Bryce and Zion on a trip in November. Nighttime temperatures were below freezing. The only thing we did was remove the city water supply hose. If you install the sewer hose with a "dip" so you create a U-trap please recognize that the water in the trap will also freeze. We made sure every other day to assure that there was room in the tanks so we didn't have to drain. One other note, though off the subject...Make sure you check your propane tanks. We made the mistake of using only 1 tank at a time and of course, in the middle of the night, the tank ran dry. Now I keep both tanks on at all times.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:38 PM   #5

I camped a week with night lows around 24 highs in the upper 30’s. I carried my own water and the only issue was where the fresh water inlet is exposed heat type solved that. I did leave my outdoor shower and sink winterized as a precaution and winterized the whole tt before I broke camp.

2017 Jay Flight 284 BHSW SLX
2014 F150 XLT 4x4 quad cab
2018 Ford F150 XLT Sport 4x4
2020 Ford F-150 Ltd Sport max tow
equalizer wd/sway
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:24 PM   #6

mine is not going anywhere

Question leave the snow on the roof or brush it off? it get quite windy up here might be good to leave on it.
Attached Thumbnails
20180109_101350.jpg  
annie oakly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #7

We camp in those temperatures nearly every spring and fall. We have not had any issues. Our HTT (tent ends) does not have an enclosed underbelly, so the tanks are fully exposed. they have a large thermal mass.

Our technique; fill the FW tank full, and use it (we rarely ever have full hookups). City water connection hoses will freeze, so you need to disconnect them anyways when below freezing.

With the tent ends, the outside person (Me) will get a little cool, so we use electric mattress pad heaters, what a fabulous invention!

We tend to use an Ceramic electric heater. Often we leave it on top of the stove, we have a small 12V fan that plugs into the TV amplifier box. It helps blow the warm air around, and it is really quiet. On really cold mornings I might turn on the furnace to get the temps up.

We also keep the cabinet doors ajar that have water pipes running through them. The one I am always most concerned with is the bathroom, as the pipes run under the shower and along the back wall. So far, we have never had any issues.

I would absolutely go camping in those temperatures! Bring a warm jacket, and the campfire will be spectacular.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote