Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2021, 05:15 PM   #1

Weird Oily substance leaking from under shower?

I have a 2018 Jayco White Hawk 23MRB. I am getting my trailer ready for another camping trip. Leaving tomorrow. I camped in it last weekend, so it has only been home a few days.

I have been in and out of the trailer all day and didn't notice anything on the floor anywhere. I washed the trailer today, and filled my fresh water tank. Then I went inside and to put some clean linens and towels, and noticed an oily, clear substance had leaked across the floor originating from UNDERNEATH the shower. It was not just water... it felt like baby oil. It had no smell. I wiped it up and then immediately wished I had taken a picture of it. It covered an area roughly 4 feet distance from under the shower by 3 inches wide.

I checked to ensure there is no soap or shampoo that could be leaking from anywhere.. there is nothing like that stored in the trailer.

Any idea what this could be and what could have happened?

I have checked in periodically and it does not appear to be leaking anymore. But I am wondering it was something vital... blinker fluid maybe???? But seriously... any thoughts?
2016 Toyota Tundra SR5
RGawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGawan View Post
I have a 2018 Jayco White Hawk 23MRB. I am getting my trailer ready for another camping trip. Leaving tomorrow. I camped in it last weekend, so it has only been home a few days.

I have been in and out of the trailer all day and didn't notice anything on the floor anywhere. I washed the trailer today, and filled my fresh water tank. Then I went inside and to put some clean linens and towels, and noticed an oily, clear substance had leaked across the floor originating from UNDERNEATH the shower. It was not just water... it felt like baby oil. It had no smell. I wiped it up and then immediately wished I had taken a picture of it. It covered an area roughly 4 feet distance from under the shower by 3 inches wide.

I checked to ensure there is no soap or shampoo that could be leaking from anywhere.. there is nothing like that stored in the trailer.

Any idea what this could be and what could have happened?

I have checked in periodically and it does not appear to be leaking anymore. But I am wondering it was something vital... blinker fluid maybe???? But seriously... any thoughts?
I'm currently experiencing the exact same thing, although just on the outside of my carpet in my slide out.

Did you ever figure out where this was coming from or what it was?
Shamrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 05:22 PM   #3

Did you ever figure this out? Went to pick some items up from our camper and had a weird, oily substance on floor in front of fireplace in front of slide.
Lpelischek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 07:06 PM   #4

I noticed they used silicone grease on some of the plumbing assembly under the shower. This stuff is clear and has no smell. With heat it will liquify partially. They would have to get pretty carried away for it to run out on the floor. Did you pull the under shower inspection door?

Tags
leak under shower, oily clear substance