Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-27-2015, 09:37 PM   #11

I had a similar issue with my 2006 19H. Mine turned out to be the inverter. The inverter would switch on one time and not another. I cannot recall if I blew fuses at the battery or in the fuse panel. My 19H had an iota dls-45 inverter in it. The other issue I have with this inveter is the power source plug wiggling out of the power block while traveling. So when you plug into shore power, only the micro and one outlet have power. I would run a new power line as someone else mentioned to eliminate a break/crimp/bare spot in the wiring.

Sw7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:47 AM   #12

Thanks to all for the help on this issue. Followed all the steps mentioned in the thread, and isolated this down to a 12v wire fault somewhere that I simply cannot find. Gave up Saturday afternoon and had to drop it off an my local RV shop for repair. Trying to get out hunting next week, and I'm out of time to keep novicing away at pulling new wire through insanely tight spaces.

I'll post a final verdict as an FYI. Thanks to all who offered insight

bdgrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:38 AM   #13

I know you mentioned its at the repair shop now and out of your hands.

But I'm curious, did you check the converter reverse polarity fuses? You mentioned intentionally connecting the battery backwards as part of your trouble shooting, that should have blown those fuses.

I think you are right and there is a wire fault on the 12v side, but regardless the polarity fuses need to be confirmed good.
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:17 AM   #14

Never got back to closing this thread. Thanks to all who contributed. Worked through everything mentioned and was lost - figured there was a wire short somewhere internal that I couldn't find, or wasn't willing to disassemble things to find. Took it in for repair.

Turns out, there was something damaged or lodged down in the rubberized hot lead fuze holder - it was keeping the 30A fuse from fully seating, thus shorting. That's it. Ugh. $65 for an improved fuse installation and the hour of labor. And if you are ever traveling through Colorado, I have a FANTASTIC and honest RV repair place. Family biz.

Thanks for all the help!
bdgrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #15
Site Team

Thank. It's always nice to know what the resolution was.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdgrizzle View Post
Never got back to closing this thread. Thanks to all who contributed. Worked through everything mentioned and was lost - figured there was a wire short somewhere internal that I couldn't find, or wasn't willing to disassemble things to find. Took it in for repair.

Turns out, there was something damaged or lodged down in the rubberized hot lead fuze holder - it was keeping the 30A fuse from fully seating, thus shorting. That's it. Ugh. $65 for an improved fuse installation and the hour of labor. And if you are ever traveling through Colorado, I have a FANTASTIC and honest RV repair place. Family biz.

Thanks for all the help!
Please post the name of the RV repair place. Good service shops deserve to be recognized.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12v, battery, converter, fuse, jay feather