Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-10-2016, 08:11 AM   #1

What a work out!

So this past weekend, in preparation for putting her to bed for the winter, I cleaned the new 38FDDS from top to bottom! I was exhausted and sore after a full day of cleaning! LOL! It's a BIG rig!
I started by cleaning the roof with a dilution of Reliable 1 cleaner and a good old scrub brush. Great stuff IMO. The roof came out great! I couldn't believe all the dirt/dust that had accumulated up there. Dicor states that other than cleaning, no special steps are required for the Diflex II roof, so I didn't treat it with anything.
Next I used the Reliable 1 cleaner on the few black streaks I had on my aluminum sided rig. It worked great on those too.
I then used an RV wash/wax combo stuff (I forget the brand) to wash the sides and ends. I also got underneath to give the frame rails a washing. This was followed by a hand application of Meguiar's wax!
Inside was a good wash down of the woodwork with Murphy's oil soap. I also washed the linoleum flooring with a mild detergent. We then put most contents of the trailer into storage bins in case any critters get in over the winter. I then pulled in the slides and that was it.
My seasonal park will be doing the actual winterizing some day this week. I'll take a ride back there in a couple of weeks to grab my battery and bring it home for winter storage.
We had an excellent first year with our Jay Flight 38FDDS!
Attached Thumbnails
clean trailer.jpg  
Old 10-10-2016, 08:31 PM   #2

I am actually getting depressed with all these end of season posts. I have 1 more trip planned for Halloween weekend and then it's my turn. I hate this time of year...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote