Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-20-2019, 08:45 AM   #41

We have a 2013 Eagle 314BDS (purchased brand new) and the only thing I wish it had SOMETIMES is a second awning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140925_190635112_HDR.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	53436

The large awning we have covers the front door, but ends before covering the rear door and outdoor kitchen.
If I had a second awning to cover the outdoor kitchen would have been nice and there are times I wish it came with one.

A friend of ours purchased a Rockwood the same year and same floor plan. Their unit came it a second awning covering their outdoor kitchen.

Now that I have had this unit since 2013, I am glad I only have 1 awning to care for and try to keep clean.

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #42

I wish my 174BH had a wider awning, it should run to the back of the trailer but it falls short by like 4 feet.
Attached Thumbnails
20190802_073811.jpg  
distracto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:00 PM   #43

In the manual of the beast we bought, it said that we could read the tank levels via the one control on our phones. When we pressed where was it, we found ours didn't include that. I thought it was a great idea since there was no window on that side to communicate with the wife. While dumping the tanks, I could see the levels and know when each tank was empty. Since we live in northern AZ we end up camping under pine trees, so we would have liked to have slide toppers. Since we have a Norcold fridge they left out the backing plates so we can't have them.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 05:52 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell5263 View Post
I'd like to hear about the tire monitoring system and the cell phone booster. 1st, how did you add them? 2nd, how does the cell phone booster work?

Thanks

I have the TST 507, works great. Takes the worry out of checking your pressure and temps at every stop.
Our cell phone booster, Weboost 4Gx RV, can be amazing, or seemingly no improvement. 2 weeks ago we lost cell phone reception 15 miles before camp. No signal at all. Set up the booster and we have phone and texts, but very limited data. In many parks we get 2 bars and slow data, with the booster we get 4 bars and great data.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:01 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomson View Post
In the manual of the beast we bought, it said that we could read the tank levels via the one control on our phones. When we pressed where was it, we found ours didn't include that. I thought it was a great idea since there was no window on that side to communicate with the wife. While dumping the tanks, I could see the levels and know when each tank was empty. Since we live in northern AZ we end up camping under pine trees, so we would have liked to have slide toppers. Since we have a Norcold fridge they left out the backing plates so we can't have them.

Mine is supposed to do that as well, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to find. I'm wondering if it isn't equipped after all.
mbell5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:52 AM   #46

We are firstimers, and really researched before we bought. We're very happy with our 28.5 rsts 5th wheel. It seems to be the right choice for us.

But we could have gone with the 30.5 ckts. It has a slightly better floorplan, and gives you a kitchen hutch with a little more counter space.
We would have lost the outside kitchen we have, and it would be about 1.5' longer (something we tried to avoid) but we find that we don't use the outside kitchen much anyway. We prefer our portable grill.

But all in all- we are very happy campers, and feel that all the rv shopping and rv shows (We went to several of them, including Tampa) helped us get the right thing for us.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:38 AM   #47

mbell,

I called Jayco and they told me I should have researched the trailer better. Had I done that i would have known that it didn't come with backing plates for the slide toppers and did not have the one control tank level sensors that were explained in the manual. I would suggest you call Jayco and ask them.. They know exactly what's on your RV to a level I din't believe possible.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:19 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomson View Post
mbell,

I called Jayco and they told me I should have researched the trailer better. Had I done that i would have known that it didn't come with backing plates for the slide toppers and did not have the one control tank level sensors that were explained in the manual. I would suggest you call Jayco and ask them.. They know exactly what's on your RV to a level I din't believe possible.
If you have to call Jayco to find out what your trailer has, I consider that a fail on Jayco’s part.
Weimaraner Duke
MichaelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:48 PM   #49

I was a little surprised my SLX came with only a mirror glued to the wall in the bathroom, rather than a medicine cabinet. If I had paid a little more attention when shopping online, I would have seen that. No big deal, my toothpaste fits under the sink.
Campingteacher79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:50 AM   #50

Does anyone have experience with the central vacuum? That's the only thing I can think of that I wanted on ours but that it doesn't have. Are they any good, do they work well?
mbell5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:33 AM   #51

Quote:
Does anyone have experience with the central vacuum? That's the only thing I can think of that I wanted on ours but that it doesn't have. Are they any good, do they work well?
No experience with one in a camper or RV. But we had one in a house we bought and although it worked good, it was just as easy or easier to pull out the vacuum cleaner. We ended up never using it
crockettlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:48 PM   #52

Quote:
We have a '18 Seismic 4116 and it came with a red devil central vacuum system under the lowest step. It takes a special bag I haven't found a source for yet, it's about the size a coffee filter. It has a door to open for use instead of a dust pan, and a place for hose to plug into. The hose is about 10' to the power head. It would not reach the near side of the bed, and it needs at least 30' to reach the far side of the bed. It has very little suction and after sweeping the floors twice it had none, but now the curb side passthrough has all the dirt that was on the floors. The lovely wife uses a cordless vacuum for the bedroom and a dustpan for the sweeping. We wish for something that works, or at least saving the $.

Or a storage compartment for the sewage hose and accompanying fittings! Now that would be great. Are you receiving this Jayco, every Rv needs a dedicated compartment for this sort of things. Not only for sanitary reasons but for safety too. This is a safety recall I as well as many others are looking forward to.

Sorry for the ranting.

No you don't want the vacuum imo use the $ to buy a good cordless!

Desertman
Destrtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:21 AM   #53

I should add a working fridge to the wish list....
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:41 AM   #54

Just purchased a 17 jay-flight 32bhds to be used as a permanent /seasonal camper. Moved up from a hybrid. I understand this is a lower end model... but I’ve found the quality of the Jayco lacking... the cabinets are thin... walls thin... did not have bathroom medicine cabinet.(we added one) bathroom vent fan is sub par., there’s no interior roof vents or skylights. The lights while LED seem cheap. The ducted A/C is not run via thermostat, it’s run via the knobs on the unit., the furnace does not use a digital thermostat it used the old style. (This will get swapped in the spring) . The hot water tank is gas only... I assumed it was fuel gas / electric... nope. Looking at adding an electric heating element in the spring. Last but not least, the lack of electrical outlets.... again I will be adding some in the spring

The quality of our hybrid was much better, but alas it is a camper,... it’s going to be used by my kids and grandkids... I’ll fix / upgrade the systems as time goes on... I’m not unhappy with the purchase, just wished the build quality was higher.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:51 AM   #55

To eprovenzano: did you notice any of these complaints before you bought your unit? Or did you buy this “sight-unseen”? Or maybe your PDI was done without you?
Yes the SLX version is definitely a step down from the regular JayFlight series. Sounds like you would have been much happier with the regular JayFlight series instead of the SLX!
Good luck and happy camping

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:12 AM   #56

We really like our TT the way it is for the most part. As first-time owners, we didn't know what we didn't know so I don't think there was anything we didn't get that we wanted. Having said that, with going on 3 years experience now...

1-Table/chairs vs dinette
2-Reclining love seat
3-Auto-leveling system
4-Bedroom slide w/King Bed
5-Washer/Dryer
6-Counter space
7-Spare tire

shrp
shrpshtr is offline   Reply With Quote