Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2020, 06:00 AM   #1

What do u use - jayco skylark sway-distribution

The dealer I just got the used 2011 jayco skylark from did not have a sway/distribution hitch that would fit this V-nose travel trailer. If I need to order one figure I would have to pay shipping. Any Skylark owners out there have a commendation? I realize they were only made for two years though figured I would ask on the forum. If a large RV place...Camper World or such, would have what I need I am ok with that.

Doing a road trip as I type up in IN/PA then back down to NC/GA then back home to FL. Already have a 2012 Skylark in GA that has a tiny metal bar type friction device setup though doubt it does much. It is a Front Kitchen model with roof a/c.

The one I just picked up a 2011 used has the Front Bath. Did a low ball offer, 1k less then asking price and the dealer accepted it. So for $7700 figured it was a good deal. I see it has lived outside its whole life. Need to research what cleaner and polish protector to apply to the outside.

If you have what I need stuck in your garage, say you did not sell it with your Skylark and you are near the States I am traveling let me know...yes I know chance in HE Double Tooth Picks that would be the case.

Anyway, craze as it may seem I will leave the one in Helen GA there full time as I have a membership at the Unicoi Springs RV park there. This second unit I will drive back to Florida for my ‘play’ TT around the State and maybe other places. It has a heat pump a/c with a second heater source under the bed (will need to read what powers that). Doubt it will make much difference by not it not have a roof a/c air drag/mpg wise though seems a heat pump does not cool nor heat that well thus FL weather will be an issue during the summer months. Do though really like the Skylark design and the look inside.

Just signed up for Sams Club...a day late sadly...on the date the PA Toyota dealer informed me what the problem was with my new 2020 highlander hybrid.

My Toyota dealer in florida screwed up the hitch/warning hardiness install, got no power to the 4 pin plug. Now have to drive back to Erie PA (5.5 hours from IN) next Tuesday when parts are in for that dealer to fix the issue so I can tow the TT with working lights. I was so dam mad. Eleven extra hours of driving and extending my vacation by two extra days. Guess it is good I am now retired though will miss my doggies at home.
Drive and ride safe everyone.
skylimit is offline   Reply With Quote